There is an exciting opportunity within the Healthcare Informatics EndPoint Configuration Team as an Endpoint Configuration Engineer.
The position is based at the CEME Centre Rainham and will be a 12 month Fixed Term Contract / Internal Secondment.Main duties of the job
Ensure the following
- that all Operating system devices are kept-up-to date with the latest security patches in line with the NELFT patch management schedule.
- any 3rd party security patches are applied to relevant applications in line with the NELFT patch management schedule.
- core applications are kept up-to-date according to the latest release.
- all devices are secure, have antivirus installed and are up-to-date.
- all devices are encrypted with NELFT encryption software.
- all devices have DLP installed and have the correct policies.
Use automated tools or manual methods to push builds and patches to remote workstations adhering to strict configurations, change, and release management in a timely manner.
Monitor EPO for devices with potential threats and resolve threats, where identified.
Work with other departments to test/support the deployment of new or updated systems.
Create, manage and deploy packages to facilitate service desk support (PDQDeploy\SCCM).
About usProbationary Period
- Create, manage and deploy installers to deploy 3rd party applications or fixes.
- Create, manage and deploy Gold Build images for NELFT devices.
- Create, manage and deploy NELFT WinPE image.
- Perform machine builds and hardware/software installation in line with department asset management practices.
- Provide day-to-day support of networks, servers and other infrastructure including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Cisco phone system, etc
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff). Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focussing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex. High Cost Area Supplement
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (with a minimum of �4,313 to a maximum of �5,436). COVID-19 Vaccination
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for further details on the vacancy.Person SpecificationAnalytical& Judgemental SkillsEssential
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting technical issues
Planning& Organisational SkillsEssential
- Educated to degree level in IT-related subject or equivalent qualifications/ experience
- Experience of administering modern versions of Anti-virus Platforms
- Experience of creating and deployment of Windows Operating System Gold builds
Comm & Relationship SkillsEssential
- Must be able to prioritise own work effectively and be able to direct activities of others
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to cope with uncertainty and change
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Works well within a team
- Must be able to provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information
- Significant experience of working in an IT customer support environment, and providing a high level of customer service
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.