The post is a 6-month secondment or fixed term contract and provides the opportunity for an individual to join Bolton FTs imaging department. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced radiographer with management experience to develop their operational leadership and management skills across all radiology modalities and medical illustration departments. If you are an internal applicant, please note as with all secondment opportunities, interested parties should discuss the opportunity with their line manager before applying.Main duties of the job
You will support the Operational Business Managers in the operational delivery and performance management of national and local performance targets and objectives. The post holder will be integral to the development and improvement of the services clinical and administrative processes to help deliver the divisional strategy for the division.
The post holder will work closely with the specialty clinical leads and senior management to support the effective strategic and operational management of the specialties, ensuring the delivery of high quality patient services within the resources available.
The imaging manager will be required to chair, attend and contribute to all department meetings and will be responsible for delivering formal reports, business cases, presentations were applicable to the divisional team to help provide assurance on service performance and delivery.
The post holder will be the direct line manager for the business support manager, admin and clerical imaging team and quality and governance lead. This will involve direct management, supporting with workforce and HR issues, including staff rostering, annual leave, sickness absence, finance, training and development etc. The imaging manger will work closely with all modality leads, providing support and guidance to help them to deliver their imaging service both effectively and efficiently.About usAbout us
Bolton NHS Foundation Trust provide services across the north west side of the Greater Manchester area ranging from hospital services in Bolton to community services across Bolton, Salford, Ashton, Leigh and Wigan. We are a progressive, expanding organisation with great ambition around improving quality, integrating pathways and delivering high levels of productivity. We have a CQC rating as good overall and we have some key areas of outstanding practice with an outstanding rating for being well led at every level.
Over 5,700 people work for the Trust and many of them have been here a long time. People find they don't need to go elsewhere to find a fulfilling career in healthcare. The Trust offer a range of flexible working patterns to enable our staff to balance their work and personal life.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesJob Description Personal Specification Qualifications
- BSc(Hons) Diagnostic Radiography or equivalent diploma.
- Post graduate qualification in relevant area of study.
- Management/project management/relevant qualification or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continual professional development.
- Managing and leading imaging services within a healthcare setting.
- Managing change and developing clinical practice.
- HR Management
- Risk management
- Managing budgets
- Experience in developing business cases and/or leading projects through to completion and evaluation.
- Knowledge of current issues relating to imaging departments and clinical pathways
- Knowledge of quality improvement, modernisation and change techniques.
- Knowledge of clinical governance and risk management.
- Knowledge of or experience of diagnostic imaging pathways (cancer, DM01), diagnostic validation and clinical pathways.
- Experience of dealing with difficult or complex performance issues.
- Understands and is able to interpret national policy
- Good knowledge of patient pathways.
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection.
- Analytical skills, ability to analyse complex data and think strategically.
- Ability to appraise capacity and demand analysis.
- Interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with conflict management and stressful/hostile situations.
- Innovative and creative in producing future service developments.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and judgment in identifying key issues.
- Effective decision making.
- Excellent time management and strong planning/ organisational skills
- Strong persuasive and influencing skills.
- Excellent Computer literacy.
- Degree or equivalent in imaging
- Post graduate qualification (imaging/business/management etc.)
- Qualification or experience in management and leadership
- Professional registration
- Managing and leading an Imaging service
- Knowledge of imaging pathways (cancer, elective, DM01 etc.)
- HR, Finance, Workforce, Governance experience
- Managing performance and meeting targets
- Change and strategic management
- Analytical skills, decision making skills, organisational skills
- problem solving, creative, innovative
- Presentation, report writing, business cases
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Assertive, confident, managerial and leadership
- Can work under pressure, reliable, communication
Bolton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Bolton Hospital
Minerva Road, Farnworth
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.