We have a vacancy for a Biomedical Scientist in Biochemistry Department based in Blood Sciences at Ipswich Hospital. This is a wonderful opportunity for a biomedical scientist to be part of a growing, energetic, highly motivated and dynamic team to provide an efficient and effective service to our patients.
You will enjoy a varied range of responsibilities from maintaining the quality management system and UKAS accreditation, training of less experienced members of staff, validating and authorizing results and most importantly providing quality service for our patients.
The Biochemistry laboratory has high-volume automation from Roche Diagnostics and the LIMS is Clinisys Lab Centre.Main duties of the job
What we need from you:
- Biomedical Science BSc degree or equivalent
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Willingness to participate in the out of hour's service
- Evidence of CPD
You will be required full participation full in a 24/7 shift working pattern and will received enhanced pay in line with Agenda for change unsocial hours payments for maintaining round the clock services.
You will be expected to participate in the out of hours roster once fully trained and competent.About us
One of the largest Trust's in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of over 11,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health & Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of theresponsibilitiesand dutiesof this role please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationRegistrationEssential
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- HCPC registered
- Biomedical Science Degree or equivalent
- Additional appropriate specialist qualification if required
- Evidence of Continual Professional Development
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience of specialist biomedical procedures relevant to post.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Practical experience of working in a Biomedical Science laboratory
- Experience of Quality Management Systems
- Experience of performing Risk Assessments.
- Knowledge of Pathology IT systems
- Previous relevant experience of working in the NHS
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.