Are you a positive role model who can both lead and manage a team? Do you have excellent communication skills? Do you have the drive and commitment to provide high quality care in a supportive environment?
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Mid- Mersey Division to manage Iris Ward. Iris Ward is 15 bedded female acute unit, based at Peasley Cross Hospital.
This opportunity will be both challenging and rewarding, and the successful candidate will receive regular supervision and developmental appraisal, thus enhancing current practice and future career prospects. This post will suit a pro-active practitioner who wants to make a difference for service users who have complex needs and will be able to lead and motivate nursing staff in the provision of high quality patient focused care.
Short listing planned for 29th Sep 2023
Interview planned for 6th Oct 2023Main duties of the job
You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills that will enable you to challenge, motivate, influence and inspire your colleagues at all levels, and have an understanding of leading and managing a service. You will be expected to demonstrate good clinical assessment skills and to ensure a high standard of care is delivered within the Ward. It is imperative that you can engage with carers and outside agencies so that discharge planning is effective and collaborative.
This opportunity will be both challenging and rewarding, and the successful candidate will receive regular supervision and developmental appraisal, thus enhancing current practice and future career prospects. This post will suit a pro-active practitioner who wants to make a difference for service users who have complex needs and will be able to lead and motivate nursing staff in the provision of high quality patient focused care.About us
Mersey Care is one of the largest trusts providing physical health and mental health services in the North West, serving more than 11 million people.
We offer specialist inpatient and community services that support physical and mental health and specialist inpatient mental health, learning disability, addiction and brain injury services. Mersey Care is one of only three trusts in the UK that offer high secure mental health facilities.
At the heart of all we do is our commitment to 'perfect care' - care that is safe, effective, positively experienced, timely, equitable and efficient. We support our staff to do the best job they can and work alongside service users, their families, and carers to design and develop future services together. We're currently delivering a programme of organisational and service transformation to significantly improve the quality of the services we provide and safely reduce cost as we do so.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Applicants should be a registered healthcare professional with experience at Band 6 level or above and have inpatient/post registration experience, together with evidence of post registration study and continuing professional development.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered mental Health Nurse or appropriate professional qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years post registration experience within mental health services
- Evidence of post registration study / continuing professional development.
- Proven experience of leadership and management of clinical care within the community setting.
- Evidence of experience working with older people in a variety of health care settings.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and nonverbally.
- Possess good listening and negotiation skills
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate knowledge in the concepts of mentorship, preceptorship and supervision and ability to provide education and supervision to qualified and unqualified staff.
- Knowledge of developments in community care and of health legislation
- Ability to lead the process of standard setting and audit
- Computer literate
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Professional attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to contribute to developing nursing excellence within the community team.
Mersey Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Iris Ward - Peasley Cross Hospital
Marshalls Cross Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.