Applicants are invited from suitably qualified HCPC Registered Biomedical Scientists with experience in Immunology and Biochemistry.
The ideal candidate will have a BSc in Biomedical Science or equivalent, be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council as a BMS and have completed the IBMS Specialist Portfolio in Immunology or have equivalent proven experience at band 6 level in relevant field.
Evidence of continual professional development (CPD) will be expected to be demonstrated at interview. Candidates completing their Specialist Portfolio may be considered however they would start on band 5 if unable to satisfy the Specialist BMS criteria and will be promoted to a Specialist BMS upon completion of the specialist portfolio in relevant field.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will be part of a team working in the various sections of this busy fully automated Blood Sciences/Chemical Pathology Department based at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, you will also be required to work at our laboratory based at Wycombe Hospital.
The department is equipped with modern analysers and has standardised equipment at both sites.
Successful candidate will be expected to work cross discipline after appropriate training and will be required to participate in the out of hours shift rota.About us
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
What do we stand for?
Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science ratified by the IBMS.
- Registration with the Health Professions Council (HPC).
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Relevant Specialist BMS Portfolio Higher Specialist Portfolio
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- MSc Biomedical Science (or related subject) or
- Fellowship of the Institute of Biomedical Scientists
- Comprehensive Biochemistry Laboratory Theory.
- Quality control and Assurance.
- Safe handling of potentially infectious samples.
- Minimum identification criteria for samples and requests
- Knowledge of health and safety risks & requirements
- Technical validation of results.
Special CircumstancesEssential ExperienceEssential
- Basic Microsoft packages
- Manual dexterity
- Keyboard and Mouse
- Numeracy - statistical and mathematical
- Presentation skills
- LIMS experience
- Working as a member of a team
- Significant post HCPC registration
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working alone during an out-of-hours service
- Problem solving, Troubleshooting
- Automated analysis with complex equipment
- Manual assays
- Supervising staff
- Quality systems and procedures
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Aylesbury - expected to work cross sites
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.