Are you interested in contributing towards reducing inequalities and improving the health of the populations we serve? Do you have a passion for helping to develop services? Then we have a great opportunity to join us in the Business Development team. A key part of your role will be to prepare compelling business cases and bids for funding to develop new and existing services in mental health, community health and primary care services.Main duties of the job
We are looking to recruit a creative, resourceful and adaptable Business Development Manager. This role would suit highly organised individuals with strong writing, research and information analysis skills, together with the ability to work proactively to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. We are looking for someone with proven experience in business development, bid management, project management or similar, with experience in or knowledge of the health sector an advantage. Transferable skills are welcomed, please highlight this in your application if you do not have direct experience.
You will be part of the Commercial Development Directorate, working alongside our Contracts, Procurement and Service Implementation teams as well as with our frontline clinical service staff, service users and operational leads across ELFT, giving you a good overview of the whole health system.About us
We are in a fast-changing commissioning and delivery landscape, and it is therefore a truly exciting time to join and help to shape the services that ELFT provides. Our focus is on ensuring service users can access high quality, innovative services that are more integrated, more holistic, more accessible, leading to better experience and outcomes.
We hope you will consider joining us to be a part of this change.
We encourage arranging an informal chat if you are thinking of applying.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy for further information.Person SpecificationEducations & QualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Project management qualification e.g. APM, APMG, PRINCE2
- Postgraduate qualification
- Experience of developing business cases and or bids in complex organisations
- Experience of setting up admin and project tracking systems
- Experience of analysing and presenting information effectively in report form, in discussion and in presentations
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Business development and / or project management experience within the NHS
- Significant experience of managing large projects
- Excellent information management skills
- Experience of using bid/tender portals
- Ability to work to multiple, tight deadlines requiring input from colleagues
- Ability to produce and maintain formal bid and project plans
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to understand, evaluate and present complex data
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to understand and analyse commercial implications of bids, contracts etc.
- Ability to interpret and apply national guidance
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff from a variety of backgrounds and at all levels
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritise own workload
- Ability to provide training and guidance to colleagues on business development processes and procedures
- NHS structures for the delivery of mental health, community health and primary care services
- Service redesign and continuous improvement techniques
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Mental health, community health and primary care legislation and guidance
- Public sector procurement regulations and processes
- Quality Improvement (QI) methodology
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
9 Alie Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.