Calling newly qualifying and experienced nurses. Have you considered Community Nursing as your next career move?
The community setting is an exciting, complex and diverse area to work in, with the privileged position of caring for patients in their own homes being responsible for the implementation and undertaking of patient centred care.
We are seeking newly qualified and experienced registered nurses ready to extend their professional development. We can support you to gain the competencies required alongside working through our bespoke preceptorship programme. We have a practice facilitator to support with this programme and to support all staff new to the community.
We are a family friendly organisation and are happy to consider and compromise hours and locality of teams. We have three Integrated Community Teams: Severn - covering Stonehouse / Frampton area, Cotswolds - covering Stroud / Painswick / Bussage area, and Berkeley Vale - covering Dursley/ Wotton / Berkeley. We currently work on a rolling rota for weekends, usually 1 in 4, supporting good work life balance.Main duties of the job
Community nursing is a diverse role that requiresautonomous working with in a patients home. The main duties are outlined below:
- To Practice as a member of the community nursing team, working within the Integrated Community Teams (ICTs)
- Liaise with GPs, the ICTs and other Statutory and Voluntary agencies.
- To provide advice, information and education to patients and carers with the aim of enabling patients to enjoy maximum independence, health and well-being.
- To creatively manage the holistic and clinical needs of patients with acute, sub-acute and long-term conditions,
- To enable patients living long term physical health challenges to live well within their communities, with a focus on not only their physical health needs but also their wider holistic needs, e.g. mental health, learning disabilities, psychological needs, social needs and spiritual needs.
- To excel in this role, you will require excellent communication skills, the courage to make clinical decisions and a willingness to develop your potential. You will require current NMC registration as a Registered Nurse.
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Our Staff Survey results showed people at our Trust feel they are engaged, part of a team and work for a compassionate and inclusive organisation.
Our overall scores were better than average in eight of nine themes and level in one - the best overall results for a community, mental health and learning disabilities Trust in the south west and first equal amongst all sector NHS providers within the region too.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Closing date: 9th October 2023 Interviews: 18th October 2023 Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your applicationPerson SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
LENGTH AND / OR NATURE OF EXPERIENCEEssential
- Registered Nurse with NMC
- Degree or Diploma in Nursing or equivalent
- Willingness to undertake additional training as required.
- Experience of working without direct supervision
- Experience of working with student learners in practice
PROFESSIONAL / MANAGERIAL / SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Previous experience of community nursing practice
- Evidence of post-registration education & training.
- Holistic health assessment course (or equivalent)
- Teaching & assessing qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work on own initiative, assess patients competently and report back to Team Leader (or appropriate health care professional) relevant changes in patient's condition.
- Ability to effectively manage the workload, prioritise and delegate work in the absence of the Team Leader - District Nurse / Senior Community Nurse
- Ability to liaise effectively within the Primary Health Care Team and with other professionals / agencies
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.