An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join our existing Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Nurse Specialist Team in a permanent role.
The successful applicant will join an established nurse-led service, working alongside the existing team of IBD Nurse Specialists. The nurse-led team provide care for a group of patients with complex and varied needs within the specialty of IBD, working collaboratively with the wider multidisciplinary team, including nursing and medical staff, the Colorectal Team, the Radiology Team, Dietitians and Pharmacists.Main duties of the job
The specialist nursing team provide information, education and support to patients with IBD, supporting self-management where appropriate, but providing rapid access to advice, treatment and care as a clinical priority.
The specialist nursing service includes provision of a telephone advice line, nurse-led clinics (rapid access clinic, routine follow ups and immunosuppressant monitoring). The team also co-ordinate the management of patients receiving biologic therapies on our dedicated Medical Day Case Unit, and facilitate the weekly multidisciplinary team meetings. Closing date of application: 27 September 2023 Interview date: 10 October 2023About us
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A& Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Desirable Communication skillsEssential
- Current NMC registration
- Experience within the field of IBD / Gastroenterology
- Demonstrable post-qualification experience, with evidence of specialist skills gained through theoretical knowledge
- IT literate
- Successfully communicates complex and sensitive information to patients, cares and colleagues where appropriate
- Understands and overcomes barriers to communication
- Ability to identify and solve problems analyse, compare and interpret complex information before reaching a judgement and making a decision
- Prioritises problems, assesses associated risks, and takes appropriate action within specialist area of practice
- Manages own specialist workload within the clinical area, prioritising as necessary
Policy and service developmentEssential
- Ability to assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate individual/specialist packages of care
- Provides advice and support in relation to IBD within the Trust, and where necessary, to the wider health community
Freedon to actEssential
- Follows national and Trust policies and procedures, and ensures other members of staff do likewise
- Contributes to the development and implementation of speciality-specific policies and procedures
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Works within professional code of practice
- Works under the direction of the Lead Specialist Nurse
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Derby Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.