There are exciting times ahead for Neurodevelopmental Services in West Wales and we would like to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated band 6 Neurodevelopmental Practitioner to join our friendly and inclusive West Wales Integrated Autism Service.
We are seeking to employ a professional registrant (Nurse, Allied Health Professional, Qualified Teacher (with QTS) or Social Worker), to join the team.
West Wales integrated Autism service caters for the Hywel Dda University Health Board region, offering diagnostic assessment of autism in adults who do not meet eligibility criteria for statutory services such as mental health and learning disabilities. The service also offers time-limited support and professional consultation and engagement with every sector, in addition to delivering training around autism.Main duties of the job
We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in the field of neuro-divergence and a passion for improving the lives of neurodivergent adults. You will have a range of transferrable skills and a desire for developing your skills and knowledge around autism and neuro-divergence. You will be able to work under pressure in order to provide high quality, collaborative care and support to autistic individuals with or without mental health and or learning difficulties.
Your work will predominantly involve diagnostic assessment of autism and full training will be provided. However, there will be occasions when you will be required to work with autistic adults to help identify and address support needs, working in partnership with individuals, family members and partner organisations.About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
- Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
- 48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
- Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
- Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Interviews will be held on 13/10/2023.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Get instant access to our financial wellbeing benefit Wagestream. Wagestream is a tool for everyday life that lets you get paid your way by letting you track your wages in real-time, stream up to 50% of the money youve already earned, learn easy tips to manage your money better and save your wages straight from your salary.
https://fb.watch/hzQjE8HzTN/Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Relevant degree in professional specialism (Nursing/Allied Health Professional/Social Worker/Education)
- Registered member of Professional body (NMC, HCPC,ECW,CCW,RCOT)
- Post-registration qualification or demonstrable equivalent experience to post-graduate diploma level
- Demonstrates an understanding of National and Local Autism policy and legislation
- Willingness to train in the use of specific autism diagnostic assessment instruments
- Has insight into the changing needs of those with autism across the lifespan
- Has an understanding of the impact of local, cultural, linguistic and demographic factors which influence service delivery in own clinical specialism
- Has knowledge of standards of record keeping
- Demonstrates an understanding of the needs of autistic individuals and their families/carers/partners
- Has knowledge of multi-agency partnership working and/or provision of multidisciplinary care/support for autistic people
Language SkillsDesirable ExperienceEssential
- Evidence of attendance on advanced and specialist post graduate courses pertaining to neurodiversity
- Has knowledge of a range of specialist assessment and intervention tools relevant to the client group
- Can demonstrate a professional interest in ASD
- Has knowledge of working with autistic adults and/or children and their families
- Willingness to develop knowledge and experience in working with ASD across the life span
- Experience of multi-agency partnership working and ability to promote multi-disciplinary/multiagency and collaborative practice with a wide range of stakeholders and partners
- Ability and experience in developing, planning implementing and delivering a range of training packages to others
- Experience in using information gathering/reporting systems and is IT literate in the use of appropriate software
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge and experience of strategies and approaches that support autistic people and their families
- Demonstrates experience of supporting, supervising and developing skills of less experienced staff
- Experience of working with autistic children and or children with Learning Disabilities or mental ill health
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
Building 1, St Davids Park
Jobs Well Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.