We're looking for enthusiastic and motivated qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners to join our team at Milton Keynes NHS Talking Therapies (formerly IAPT service). We are a large and well-established service based in the diverse city of Milton Keynes. We are passionate about wellbeing and development and we care for you as much as you care for others.
As a PWP you'll be working within a stepped care model, delivering assessments and evidence based low intensity interventions for people with common mental health problems. Assessments and interventions may be delivered face to face, online using a digital platform or by telephone.
Our service offers hybrid and flexible working options, where you can spend a mixture of your time working from home or at our service base at the Stantonbury Health Centre. We can also be flexible with your working hours and you will receive regular supervision, appraisal and opportunities to develop as a practitioner.Main duties of the job
As a PWP, you will provide a mixture of high-volume evidence-based Guided Self-help treatment and assessments. To be successful in your application you will need to have a post Graduate Certificate in Low Intensity Interventions.About us
We are passionate about delivering first-class patient-centred, safe and effective care, whether it is in a hospital setting, in a community clinic or in the patients own home. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Providing top quality care depends on our ability to employ the best people. Were always looking to recruit outstanding people who will go the extra mile to support our patients, colleagues, teams and the Trust. With every new employee were hoping to find our future leaders and well support our staff by providing opportunities to develop your career.With a diverse culture and equally diverse range of opportunities across mental health, community services, addictions, eating disorders, learning disabilities and more whatever stage of your career you're at, there's always a place for you at CNWL.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post-holder will work within the IAPT service providing high volume low intensity interventions which will be a range of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) based self-management interventions to service to clients with mild to moderate anxiety and depression.
The post holder will work with people with different cultural backgrounds and ages, using interpreters when necessary and should be committed to equal opportunities Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualification from PWP Training Course (Post Graduate Certificate or Level 3 undergraduate course) OR equivalent ,e.g. Experienced and Qualified Graduate Mental Health Worker with relevant Primary Care experiences and competences as required.
- Demonstrable experience of working in mental health services
- Demonstrates high standards in written communication
- Able to write clear reports and letters to referrers
- Worked in a service where agreed targets in place demonstrating clinical outcomes
- Experience of working in Primary Care Services
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to work within a team and foster good working relationships
- Ability to work under pressure
- Car driver with ability and willingness to travel to locations throughout the organization
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Fluent in languages other than English
- Experience of working with diverse communities within a multicultural setting
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Stantonbury Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.