An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the Adult mental health community services at a time of innovation and service development. This role will be involved and will lead on the developing Rehab and recovery pathway, bridging between the Rehab team and as part of the wider core community teams, in evolving mental health services in line with the new Community Transformation Process. This process is in response to the NHS 5-year plan to develop mental health services round the Primary Care Networks and provides new opportunities which include developing partnership working with the voluntary sector, working more closely with GP practices and developing more innovative, community based and holistic ways of working.
The post holder will have over-sight of the development of the new and evolving interim Rehab and Community Pathway which is currently being created to support a new Rehab model, to ensure a holistic supportive package of care and intervention, is provided for service users. Furthermore, the Senior Rehab and recovery Wellbeing Practitioner and Pathway Lead will oversee delivery of theMain duties of the job
To work as a member of the multidisciplinary Community Intensive Enablement Team, the role will require the post holder to:
- To provide effective care and specialist advice for people with psychosis and complex mental health needs and their carers, in order to support their wellbeing and recovery.
- To liaise with other agencies in planning and assessing programmes of care, particularly residential care homes and supported living accommodation staff.
- Provide formal, on-going clinical supervision and caseload management supervision to junior and less experienced community mental health staff, as directed.
- To support the Barnet Intensive Enablement Team Manager who is responsible for effectively managing a multi-professional team including Nursing, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Admin and Medical staff. To work in partnership with LBB, and recovery of service users. To assist in the effective delivery of the team's core functions and lead on clinical supervision within the team, and lead on the development of protocols, procedures and systems to integrate practice across the borough wide service. Deputise for the Team Manager as requested.
Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust and neighbouring Camden and Islington NHS Foundation are working together in a formal Partnership, with a single Chair, Chief Executive and Partnership Executive Team. Our new Partnership Strategy was launched in May 2023. To give our Partnership a clear identify, we are now called the North London Mental Health Partnership.
By working together closely as the North London Mental Health Partnership, our two Trusts can achieve more for our service users, their carers, our staff and our local communities than we can by working separately. We will continue to engage our service users, carers, staff, partners and local people in co-producing the culture of the Partnership as it develops further, taking the best of both organisations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the attached job description for the main duties and responsibilities of this rolePerson SpecificationEDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Recognised training in teaching/mentorship/supervision or equivalent teaching and assessing qualification. ENB998
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Relevant qualification in Psychosocial Interventions with people with severe and enduring mental health problems.
- Evidence of other further post-registration education and training
- Significant clinical experience in the community.
- Significant years post-registration experience, at least one of which will be working with people with severe and complex mental health problems
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of exercising clinical responsibility for patients' care and treatment, both as a professionally qualified practitioner and also within the context of a multidisciplinary care plan and under supervision
- Experience of working with people with mental health problems in a therapeutic capacity
- Demonstrable experience at Band 6 or equivalent.
- Experience of developing, leading and maintaining effective working relationships with external partners to include Primary Care, Social Care and the Third sector
SKILLS AND ABILITIESEssential
- Experience of teaching, training and/or mentoring
- Experience of working within a multicultural framework
- Experience and knowledge of group processes and facilitating groups
- Understanding of statutory policy relating to mental health care delivery including Care Programme Approach, National Service Framework for Mental Health, Care Act and the Mental Health Act
- The ability to implement clinical and line management supervision.
- Ability to manage own stress and work in a stressful and unpredictable environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, highly technical, and clinically sensitive information to patients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues within a dynamic environment
- Organisational, assessment and decision making skills
- Ability to undertake comprehensive/complete risk assessment and implement risk management plans
- Understanding of statutory policy relating to mental health care delivery incl. Care Programme Approach, National Service Framework for Mental Health, Care Act and the Mental Health Act
- Knowledge of and ability to work as part of a multi-professional team as a lead clinician and rolemodel.
- Training and advanced skills in a specialised approach such as psycho-social interventions, dual diagnosis, personality disorder or assertive outreach
- Ability to implement clinical and line management supervision
- Demonstrating a positive can do attitude and a positive attitude to change
- Ability to work effectively in crisis situations in order to maintain the safety of both staff and client.
- Be self reliant and resourceful with good problem solving.
- To be able to tolerate and have an interest in thinking about team dynamics
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel across the geographical areas served by the Trust
- Ability to work occasional flexible hours
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health Trust ,Barnet Community Services , Springwell Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.