We are looking to appoint two Band 5 enthusiastic and motivated Registered Learning Disability or Mental Health Nurses to join our team in the Assessment and Treatment in-patient unit at Townend Court. The successful applicant will have the potential to support a team of skilled nurses and healthcare assistants whilst supporting the Band 6/7 nurses in offering a high standard of evidence based care.
The successful applicant will be accountable for their own autonomy as a practitioner working with individuals with complex health needs in partnership with the wider multidisciplinary team. There is an expectation that the candidate will be a mentor on the live register for students or evidence that they are preparing and working towards this goal.
The posts offer an excellent and exciting opportunity to develop clinical leadership expertise and will allow scope for personal and professional development within a friendly and supported environment You will have a good knowledge of current policy drivers and be able to implement research into practice with an understanding of the principles of Valuing People and Transforming Care.Main duties of the job
You will be key to implementing national and local policies within the service. You will have an in-depth knowledge of person centered thinking and be able to demonstrate this throughout your practice.
Main duties will consist of:
- Leading the shift / delegating tasks
- Managing a caseload.
- Completing Care Plans / Risk Assessments.
- Chairing Meetings.
- Undertaking Mental Capacity Assessments and Best Interest Meetings.
- Delivering personal cares to patients
- Administration of medication - oral and IM.
- Supporting patients to access leave
- Dealing with potential and actual conflict situations which may include the use of trust approved DMI techniques
- Undertaking basic physical observations (NEWS2) and supportive engagements of patients.
- Day to day management of the ward
- Undertaking supervision with Healthcare Assistants.
We are anaward winning and CQC rated good, health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough and Ryedale & Whitby. We deliver safe, effective and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental and social health and wellbeing of patients and service users.
To find out about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You'll join our team of over 3600 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialities to change lives daily. We're extremely proud of our Trust community, knowing you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and promotes equality whilst challenging discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information with regard to this vacancy, please see the attached Job Description and Person SpecificationPerson SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Live on NMC register.
- Nursing Degree in Learning Disabilities or Mental Health Nursing
- A broad understanding of relevant policy drivers and their impact on clinical practice, e.g. NSF/Valuing People, Winterbourne and Francis
- An understanding of relevant clinical practice/standards within an identified clinical area
- Basic IT skills
- Management of caseload/inpatient care
- Evidence of continuing professional development that is relevant to this sphere of nursing care
Skills and CompetenciesEssential
- Evidence of undertaking competency based development programme following preceptorship
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills with patients/colleagues/carers
- Effective time management
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Townend Court Assessment and Treatment Unit
298 Cottingham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.