A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to join a flourishing and well established Infection Prevention and Control team. Are you looking for an opportunity for change? Would you relish the opportunity to be directly involved in Infection Prevention and Control? There is never a better time to join an Infection Prevention & Control Team.
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest integrated care providers in England, serving a population of around 600,000 people. We are a high performing organisation with a track record of success.Main duties of the job
Applicants must have two years post registration experience, working within an Infection Prevention and Control team would be desirable but not essential. Ideally you will be an Infection Control Champion, looking for a new challenge.
This post will offer an exciting opportunity for someone who has a passion for Infection Prevention and Control and is ready for a challenge. This is great time to join our established team as we are looking to expand following the recent challenges faced nationally.About us
If you are being interviewed you must accept an interview slot in the system to continue, even if you have arranged with the manager
You must be able to produce ALL
certificates stated essential in the person specification or you will not be able to complete pre-employment checks
We provide hospital services from two acute sites - Darlington Memorial Hospital and University Hospital of North Durham. We have a centre for planned care in Bishop Auckland and provide care from community hospitals in Chester-le-Street, Shotley Bridge, Barnard Castle, Sedgefield and Weardale as well as over 80 other community based settings and providing care in patients' homes.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented
We are unable to offer sponsorship for roles that do not require a professional registration, to apply you must have Right to Work in the United Kingdom. If you are in the UK on a VISA please ensure you have no restrictions that would prevent you from taking this post
Full Job Descriptions can be found in the adverts supporting documentsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Applications welcomed from registered nurses who have been inspired to pursue a career in Infection Prevention and Control. Full training and support can be provided if you are looking for a development role in our team.
The post requires providing support and specialist advice to all disciplines of staff, patients and members of public regarding the prevention and control of infection and to develop a quality, proactive, evidence based infection control service, to prevent and reduce the incidence of infection across the organisation.
You should be flexible, adaptable, an excellent communicator, have good IT skills and be well organised and able to work to deadlines under pressure. You will be required to travel trustwide.
Interviews for those successfully shortlisted, will take place face to face in October 2023.Person SpecificationSpecial Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Flexible, dependable, motivated and able to use own initiative. Leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. High standard of literacy.
- Developed interpersonal and influencing skills. Ability to work independently and as a part of a team. Evidence of continuing professional development. Ability to achieve tight deadlines in a complex/ changing environment. Good time management.
- Administrative and IT skills
- Registered General Nurse ( level 1)
- Registered General Nurse ( level 1).
- Coaching, mentoring and teaching experience. Evidence of personal and professional development. Academic qualification to Degree level ( working towards).
- Degree in healthcare.
- Post-graduate qualification in infection control. Leadership course/Module.
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the role
- Relevant experience in a clinical setting.
- Broad clinical background.
- Experience of teaching/ and or training.
- Previous experience in infection control
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good knowledge of infection control.
- Principles of infection control.
- Current professional issues in nursing.
County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation TrustAddress
University Hospital Of North Durham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.