The role of the Primary Care Network Lead Mental Health Practitioner is to facilitate mental health assessments in Primary Care within the the Crewe locality. GHR PCN is made up of Grosvenor, Hungerford and Rope Green surgeries.
The role will include providing mental health triage and assessment, riskassessment and management, signposting, onward referral, andevidence-based interventions for patients presenting with mental healthproblems.
The role will operate within the principles of prevention and recovery and be responsible for the case management of individuals with mental healthconditions in conjunction with the Primary Care Team, liaising with GP'sand other allied healthcare professionals to manage patients with a widerange of presenting mental health conditions.
Alongside the PCN the role is supported within the wider Mental Health Access Team for additional managerial support and peer supervision and referral into the team for full mental health assessments.
This post is in collaboration with Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (CWP) and our Primary Care Networks (PCNs) These roles have been created as part of the NHS Long-Term Plan and mental health community transformation to put clinicians with mental health experience directly within primary care networks.Main duties of the job
1. Engagement, assessment, care planning and review of all patients with mental health conditions within the PCN.2. Using and applying an in-depth knowledge of the principles applied to risk management including advanced assessment /treatment and strategies aimed at supporting the individual, family, and carers to reduce and manage risk.3. To effectively apply the research in relation to risk management of individuals and their conditions.4. Applying extensive knowledge of working with vulnerable individuals who engage in risk taking behaviours.5. Reviewing medication and response to treatment (if appropriate).6. Optimising patient engagement and conducting or facilitating other reviews where needed.7. Preparing and reviewing care plans for patients and monitor progress.8. Providing health promotion and advice where appropriate.9. Making referrals and signposting patients to relevant local services.10. Liaising with community mental health teams, hospitals and local charities as needed.About us
Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (CWP) supports thousands of vulnerable people across Cheshire and Merseyside. We provide physical, mental health and learning disability services to a total population of around one million people.
We offer a variety of roles at all levels, so whether you are just starting out in your career or you are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, CWP is the right employer for you.
Visit our 'Working for us' pages on our website to find out more about why you should choose CWP.
CWP are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
We welcome applications from people who have direct experience of accessing our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please download a copy of the job description for a full copy.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
To ensure that we continue to provide Outstanding for Care (as recently been awarded by CQC), CWP recruits people that can demonstrate the Trusts Values and Behaviours in their everyday life. Therefore, if you are invited to interview, you will be undertaking a Values Based Interview/Assessment ,
which explores not only what you do but how and why you do it.
Before applying, we encourage you to review the Trusts Values and Behaviours which are the 6 Cs Communication, Competence, Courage, Care, Compassion and Commitment. A Guide to completing your application form can be accessed on the right side of this page under the job description.
The Supporting Information Section in your application should therefore reflect your understanding of the Trusts Values and associated Behaviours. You will be expected to provide us with examples from work experience and/or personal life which demonstrate these values through your behaviour.
If your disability meets the definition set out in the Equality Act 2010, and you can show that you meet the essential criteria described in the person specification for an available position, please answer YES to the question: Do you wish to be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme? Please also inform the team if you have any special support needs to be considered as part of the interview and selection processes.
All new clinical support staff will be required to have completed or working towards the Care Certificate (CWP In-house 2 day training to be completed within 6 months of start date).
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment. Please note that DBS costs will be waived for applicants who are being recruited for COVID-19 reasons.
You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of �13 per year applies. Please see attached Update Service Applicant Guide document for further information.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
If you experience any technical difficulties or need help when making an application please contact our Recruitment Team on 01244 393100 and quote the vacancy reference number.
Good luck with your application. We hope to welcome you to Team CWP very soon.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Mental Health Professional, with professional qualification relating to Health (e.g. current registered RMN, Occupational Therapist)
- Educated to degree level in relevant field/ equivalent level of experience of working in the specialist area.
- Masters level qualification in relevant field /or equivalent post qualifying short courses and/ or equivalent experience
- Recent evidence of post qualifying continuing professional development
Knowledge and ExpertiseEssential
- Teaching qualification or significant experience.
- Post graduate Psychological therapy qualification/ or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills: - working with staff - working with patients and carers - working with general practice - presentations - written reports - understanding and ability to interpret, research and facilitate staff to implement evidence based practice
- Proven ability to challenge current practices and freedom to make change in light of evidence-based recommendations
- Knowledge, understanding and the ability to interpret and implement local and national policy direction relevant to practice
- Proven experience of clinical audit, skill and knowledge required to facilitate staff to undertake clinical audit
- Empowering staff to manage and support change
- Demonstrable effective clinical leadership with knowledge, understanding and application of leadership theories
- Relevant clinical expertise to support and facilitate clinical development and innovation
- Evidence of sound information technology skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of acting as clinical supervisor
- Experience in the development of professional roles
- Successfully managed projects that demonstrate ability to communicate and implement change
- Demonstrable and proven understanding and experience of the clinical and corporate governance agenda
- Knowledge and experience of facilitation of reflective practice for staff and personal reflective practice
- Experience of providing and receiving complex, sensitive or contentious information in potentially highly emotive situations.
- Significant experience of the direct delivery of a clinical, technical or social care service.
- Significant experience of delivering specialist programmes of care/ care packages
- Demonstrable ability and experience in motivating and empowering others to change roles and in leading practice development
Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cheshire & Wirral Partnership Trust
Rope Green Medical Centre, Shavington Avenue, Crewe
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.