To be responsible for the day to day operation of the retail outlets and the patients meal service including the receipts and distribution of patient meals, ward provisions, associated dishwashing and cleaning service ensuring a quality service and high standards of hygiene are maintained at all times.Main duties of the job
Key duties to include the organisation, direction, control and motivation of catering staff, standard setting, marketing, staff rostering, patient satisfaction, attainment of sales targets and the adherence to all set policies and proceduresAbout us
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust (SWBT) is an integrated careorganisation with a budget of approximately �600 million and over 7,000 staff. Diversity and social care is at the core of what we do as the Trust provides Community and Acute Services to over half a million people in an urban centre that demands massive regeneration and has substantial premature mortality.
Our new acute hospital, the Midland Metropolitan University Hospital (MMUH), opens in 2024 and will provide care to our local population from first class, purpose-built premises.As a result, the base of this role may change to MMUH from 2024 (or beyond). If this is applicable to your role, you will be informed during the recruitment process and continuing your application with this understanding.The development of the new hospital will play an important role in the regeneration of the wider area and in improving the lives of local people and reducing health inequalities.
We have three newly emerging strategic objectives: Our People - to cultivate and sustain happy, productive and engaged staff Our Patients - to be good or outstanding in everything we do Our Population - to work seamlessly with our partners to improve live Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details on what this role entails.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- City & Guilds 706-1 & 2 craft skills or equivalent
- Higher National Diploma in Food & Beverage studies
- Applied HACCP, Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points level 3
- Supervisory or Management Qualification
- Advanced Food Hygiene Diploma
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant experience and proven ability in catering management posts in a similar size organisation
- Experience and knowledge of food production systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages including Microsoft word, excel and outlook
- To demonstrate a methodical and organised approach to work
- To have a proven ability to manage change
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.