An opportunity has arisen for a Physiotherapist to join the adult and older adult inpatient teams, based at the Atherleigh Park Hospital, Leigh, Greater Manchester. This is a permanent contract and will be working with a permanent Specialist Physiotherapist as well as the rest of the team.
The job holder will be responsible for managing a daily caseload of clients with acute / complex mental health and their physical healthcare rehabilitation needs. You will complete a range of assessments and treatment plans to contribute to the discharge planning process based on your professional knowledge. This will be under the guidance of a Band 6 Specialist Physiotherapist. You will also contribute to the planning, development and evaluation of the physiotherapy services within the in-patient unit and contribute to falls training for staff within the hospital.
You will be part of The Therapy Team at Atherleigh Park and this comprises of Activity Co-ordinators, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists and Therapy Assistants.Main duties of the job
- To hold responsibility for a caseload working under supervision of Specialist Physiotherapist.
- Formulate and deliver an individual or group treatment programme using assessment, reasoning and treatment skills
- The post holder will work with the multidisciplinary team to create and maintain an environment that supports social participation, health promotion and inclusion, with access to resources and facilities required to achieve this.
- To undertake a comprehensive assessment of patients/clients using clinical reasoning skills and appropriate assessment techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis of their condition.
- To have the ability to undertake self-directed/lone working in a variety of locations. To participate in flexible working rota which covers the unit over the 7 days of the week. This may involve working between the hours of 08:00 to 20:00
- The post holder will demonstrate an attitude which respects and values service users' and their carers.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity. Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service userJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description and person specification Staff benefits
Person SpecificationEducation / qualificationsEssential
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Degree / diploma in Physiotherapy
- Health Professionals Council Registration
- Member of CSP
- Clinical educator qualification
- Relevant experience of working with adults and older people
- Relevant experience of working with people with mental health problems
- Experience working with people with a range of conditions e.g. neurological, respiratory, MSK
- Experience of CPD and lifelong learning
- Experience of working within the NHS
- Experience working as a band 5 physiotherapist
- Experience of supervising support staff / students
- Experience delivering health promotion
- Broad knowledge of current best practice for physiotherapy in mental health
- Understanding of of a range of mental health conditions and their presenting symptoms and management
- Knowledge of basic assessment and treatment techniques
- Knowledge of falls prevention strategies
- Knowledge of team dynamics and the ability to work effectively within the Physiotherapy team and also within the wider MDT
- Knowledge of clinical risk assessment and risk management guidelines
- Knowledge of current legislation and guidelines relating to health and social care
- Knowledge of clinical governance
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- An understanding of the assessment tools used in mental health
- Knowledge of Health Promotion and current research
- Knowledge of relevant legislation in mental health e.g. MHA, MCA, CPA
- Be IT literate
- Be able to manage own workload, prioritise and delegate effectively
- Have effective written and verbal and non- verbal communication skills, including the ability to process complex and sensitive information
- Be able to complete a subjective and objective assessment and formulate an appropriate problem list and treatment plan individual to the service user
- Be able to contribute to training sessions within the service
- Be able to undertake mandatory and PMVA enhanced Physical training and updates in accordance with the Trust Training Needs Analysis and informed by the local environmental risk profile
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Have experience facilitating exercise groups/ gym work
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Atherleigh Park Hospital,
Leigh, Greater Manchester
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.