Do you want to progress your career as a valued member of the Stort Valley and Villages Integrated Care Team by helping us deliver outstanding community care?
If so, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiasticBand 7 Physiotherapist
to join the team on a part time basis. You'll be making a real difference to your patients every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way.Main duties of the job
You will be expected to provide assessment, diagnosis and treatment to patients with varied conditions and needs. You will also be able to offer expert advice, guidance and information to other professionals, carers and relatives and other non-professionals.
You will also be able to demonstrate sound clinical reasoning and communication skills. We are also looking for an ability to work within a team and to be able to use your initiative.
Our service operates 7 days per week. Full time and part applicants are welcomed.
A full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).About us
A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
You'll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staff
We put our patients, their families and carers at the centre of our vision - Outstanding Services and Healthier Communities
Our staff are proud to be Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust vision
We welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds and ages
We don't want you to miss out so we'd like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible -Apply now You've made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - we're looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To provide Physiotherapy to patients within the Integrated ICT and Community Nursing Teams.
- To provide assessment and treatment for vulnerable patients with complex needs, patients in crisis, supported discharge from either the acute hospitals or those in intermediate care bed based units within the community.
- To act as the patients advocate throughout their rehabilitation programme and enable patients empowerment through the process.
- To communicate complex patient related information effectively. To ensure collaborative working with the multidisciplinary team members across health and social care sectors and all members of the Trust ensuring the delivery of a co-ordinated multidisciplinary service.
- To use a range of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with patients to progress rehabilitation and treatment programmes, and to ensure an understanding of their diagnosis so that patients are supported in self management of their condition.
- To use communication skills of persuasion, motivation, empathy, tact, explanation and gaining informed consent with a wide variety of vulnerable patients, within often highly sensitive situations.
- To identify barriers to effective communication that will regularly be evident including: cognitive impairment, expressive and receptive communication difficulties, embarrassment, anxiety, pain, fear and visual/hearing impairments to develop and implement strategies to overcome these barriers.
- To use communication skills to address language and culture diversity issues.
- To assist with marketing the Integrated ICT and Community nursing team to develop greater understanding of service delivery within the wider population
- To maintain accurate and up to date documentation in line with legal requirements and communicate assessment and treatment results to the appropriate disciplines.
- To act as an advisor on professional and clinical issues.
- To be able to communicate effectively with relatives and carers regarding patient care and progress with the consent of the patient involved.
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
We are committed to supporting flexible working options for staff, wherever possible, and welcome discussions on flexible working patterns to support our staff to maintain a healthy work life balance.Person SpecificationQualifications/EducationEssential
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Physiotherapy Degree
- Registration with Health and Care professions council ( HCPC)
- Post-graduate courses
- Strong post registration
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience on a broad rotational scheme
- Working as an autonomous practitioner
- Experience of teaching others
- Experience of participating in investigation/management of complaints.
- Evidence of participating in clinical audits in the workplace.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be able to communicate where there may be barriers to understanding
- Communicating within a multi-discipline team
- Knowledge of negotiation skills
- Knowledge of clinical governance and its implications
- Strong organisational time management skills
- Ability to plan and deliver key objectives within strict timetables
- IT skills, knowledge of word processing and internet
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Hold a full, valid, UK driving licence and have access to a car to use for business purposes (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010)
Hertfordshire Community NHS TrustAddress
Herts and Essex Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.