Come and work within the Wigan Mental Health Liaison All Age Service
We require Senior Practitioners with knowledge of mental health presentations, to work in the service, providing specialist mental health screening and comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment to individuals of all ages, formulating care plans, risk assessments and signposting/discharging to appropriate services.
**RMN, SOCIAL WORKER or OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST **Main duties of the job
- Work as part of the integrated multidisciplinary 24-hour mental health liaison service providing specialist mental health screening and comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment, focusing on relapse prevention, timely discharge and improved quality of life for patients referred to the service.
- Assess people attending the A & E department, including the Paediatric (PECC) Unit, offering highly developed risk assessments and management plans.
- Provide a service to the wards, and the Intermediate Care Setting assessing individuals with a range of complex needs, including both organic and functional illness
- Adopt the principles of joint working across the Urgent Care Pathway.
- Work in line with Core 24 standards.
- Representing mental health services within an acute hospital setting.
- Providing and supporting a good communication structure.
- Working alongside families and carers to promote wellbeing.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over 6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than 160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford, Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification for details. Staff Benefits
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Registered RMN, Social Work registered or HCPC
- Experience of mentorship, supervision and co-ordination of staff.
- Experience of Care Planning process working in a multiagency framework.
- Demonstrate a contribution to change management process
- Demonstrate experience of problem solving approaches
- Understanding of quality and change in the clinical setting
- Ability to delegate and coordinate
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to utilise assessment skills and tools effectively
- Ability to communicate in a variety of settings
- Able to deal with sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to develop effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues
- Effective time and workload management
- Effective record keeping
- Ability to identify and minimise risk effectively
- Recovery model
- Mental Health Act (1983)
- Relevant national policies and guidance
- Evidence based and reflective practice
- Mental Capacity Act
- Vulnerable Adults Procedure and Child Protection/safeguarding
- Safety, Privacy and Dignity Guidelines
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible approach to working over a 24 hour service
- Commitment to effective teamwork
- Commitment to service development
- Good time management
- Demonstrate continuous professional development
- Due to the nature of the post the successful applicant may require the means and the ability to travel across different sites throughout the Trust
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Royal Albert Edward Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.