- To maintain and develop own and the teams clinical skills, knowledge and professional practice via a local training template in line with professional, NICE, SCIE (social care institute for excellence) and KSF guidelines and service need, ensuring the maintenance of effective evidence based practice.
To support and contribute towards the organisation's clinical governance systems, supporting quality standards and work towards the continuous improvement in clinical and service quality.Main duties of the jobClinical Responsibilities
- To act as a clinically focused Senior Staff Nurse within Inpatient Wards providing support/advice linking with Matrons and community specialist nurses and pathways.
- To act in a consultative role for junior staff, supporting the upskilling of staff knowledge and skills.
These are exciting times for Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust as we're building a high-caliber, diverse and inclusive mental health workforce. One that will give talented professionals like you the opportunity to shape an outstanding service that will transform in-patient mental healthcare and deliver happier and healthier lives across our communities.
The Trust is rated 'Good' from CQC (Care Quality Commission) and in July 2022 became the lead provider for mental health services across the Black Country. We have recently invested in newly created clinical divisions and are currently developing new models of integrated primary and secondary care for adults and older adults, as well launching a far-reaching inpatient strategy, including multi-million pound investment in building new facilities and work-force modelsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To be conversant with and practice within the realms of the 1983 Mental Health
- To engage in clinical supervision both as a provider and receiver
- To be responsible for supporting the maintenance of clinical standards regarding assessment of care needs.
- Work with the ward managers to ensure equitable use of all resources to support an effective service.
To support the instigation and continuation of CQC standards, infection control standards, National patient safety standards aPerson SpecificationEssential and DesirableEssential
- NMC professional registration
- Comprehensive experience of MDT working
- Experience of inpatient working
- understanding of mental health disorders
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Clinical management experience
- Ability to lead a team
- Good team player
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Brook ward, Penn Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.