Cromwell House is a really friendly place to work in Eccles town centre close to motor networks and very close to a wonderful town centre. Community Services are due to enter a period of transformation which means it is such and exciting time to join our services. We already have a full Living Well Service rolled out in Salford which allows the community services to focus our expertise on those requiring a specialist service. This is a new role supporting a new way of Community Working. We have developed three new exciting opportunities to join Cromwell House as a Senior Practitioner/Caseload Manager. Your role will provide senior support for a mini team around managing a caseload. This an exciting change to the way we manage our community caseloads
You will play a crucial role in the clinical leadership of the mini team and support staff to provide a high-quality service to service users and carers. Supported by a highly experienced senior team consisting of a Team Manager, Senior Nurse, Senior Co Occurring Conditions, Senior CERN practitioner & Senior Advanced Social Work Practitioner.
The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate both their clinical abilities and leadership qualities, whilst promoting high quality services.
The post holder will be expected to participate in the service bronze on call and bronze on site rota as required.
If you are applying as a secondment please ensure you have your managers permission first.Main duties of the job
The post holder will act as a senior practitioner/caseload manager overseeing a caseload of patients supported by your mini team which will consist of a minimum of 2-4 practitioners.
Service users in the case load are supported by Trust Care Programme Approach (CPA) guidance and policies.
To be responsible for the day to day clinical leadership and development of a designated multidisciplinary team which is integrated, flexible, user-focussed and recovery-orientated.
To deliver a safe, effective, and high quality service to service users with mental health needs, to ensure delivery to the relevant clinical pathways, as outlined within the CMHT operational procedure.
The post holder will aim at all times to promote the independence and well-being of adults, to assist social inclusion and valued community presence and to enable the widest possible expression of chosen lifestyle.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description and person specification Staff benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Wage stream - Stream your wage when you need it throughout the month
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Nurse, Social Work, Occupational Therapy Qualification & Registration
- Registration currently with a professional body NMC etc
- Evidence of post registration working in a multi disciplinary team
- Post graduate training in leadership or other relevant mental health training course
- Experience of participating in audit and an understanding of implementing Action plans relating to the outcome of audits.
- Experience of working with people with complex needs and co-morbidities
- Experience of working in a recovery focussed way
- MDT Working
- Experience of conducting assessments identifying health and social care needs.
- Experience of supporting people who misuse alcohol or drugs
- Experience of delivering line management and clinical supervision
- Knowledge of requirements under the Care Programme Approach including the needs of carers and the mental health minimum data set
- Working knowledge and understanding of CPA
- Knowledge and understanding of recovery model, appropriate therapeutic approaches and engagement strategies
- Offer advice and consultation to members of the multi-disciplinary team based on solid clinical experience of mental health caseload management
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding frameworks and procedures
- Support the Team Managers and other Senior Practitioners / Professional Leads in the daily operation of the Teams.
- Participate in and ensure provision of Clinical Supervision, both as Supervisee and Supervisor and an understanding of the Knowledge, Skills Framework under Agenda for Change.
- Knowledge of duty assessments, duty triage and effective crisis management relating to serious and enduring mental health illness.
- Knowledge and understanding of Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act & Care Act
- Knowledge of commissioning packages of care.
- Worked within a team with a duty system
- Knowledge or training in a recovery focused intervention. Example PSI, BFT, SCM.
- Experience of leading on a Safeguarding S42
- Be able to manage a caseload and work autonomously within the team
- Ability to act as a care coordinator under the CPA framework
- Ability to assess, plan and evaluate care
- Have evidence of good time management and organisational skills being able to work under pressure.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To be able to plan and deliver recovery based activities within service users own homes and local communities.
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
32 Cromwell Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.