An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Employment Specialist within Adult Mental Health Services (AMH), to work in Nottinghamshire.
The post is part of Positive Future's ( Individual Placement and Support ) service and is a dynamic and diverse role where you will be co- located in the Local Mental Health Teams (LMHT's) , supporting service users to find and sustain employment by using the IPS approach.
You will be responsible for leading the Employment Specialists and ensuring that a robust IPS service is provided in the City LMHT's.Main duties of the job
Getting into employment can be a critical part of a recovery journey, so as a Senior Employment Specialist you will be supporting and leading a team of Employment Specialists, providing supervision, field work mentoring and role modelling of the IPS approach.
You will have an understanding of the IPS principles and experience of working with people with mental health challenges to find and sustain employment.
In return we will support and facilitate your development in this role through regular supervision and a personal development plan tailored to your needs and experience
People with lived experience of mental health issues are encouraged to apply.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be supporting a team of Employment Specialists providing leadership, supervision, field work mentoring and role modelling of the IPS approach.
You will be working as part of the LMHT to promote employment and raise expectations around the ability of service users to access employment, working alongside the team leaders and clinical team
You will proactively network and engage with employers and the local community to open up and secure employment opportunities
You will ensure that the fidelity scale is been adhered to and will monitor the quality and outcomes of the service
You will have a small caseload supporting people to find employment
(Please see attached job description for full role responsibilities and person specification for the essential and desirable criteria.)
A full UK driving licence and vehicle for business use is required for this post, however reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level with substantial post graduate level training in vocational work, careers advice, job retention, IPS and presenteeism.
- Significant experience of working with a wide spectrum of mental health issues
- Significant experience of providing vocational/employment support
- Experience of employer engagement and 'partnership working
- Substantial experience of face to face customer service in employment.
- Substantial experience of multi-disciplinary teamwork
- A qualification or substantial experience in Professional Supervision
- Experience of audit and research
Knowledge and skillsEssential
- Experience of Mental Health challenges
- Experience of working in an IPS service
Desirable Values and BehavioursEssential
- Knowledge of mental health conditions
- Knowledge of IPS
- Understanding of clinical governance
- Knowledge of outcome measures and their use for clinical and audit purposes
- Ability to be self-reflective, whilst working with service users, in own personal and professional development and in supervision
- Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to, liaise and network with a wide range of organizations and members of the public
- IT skills, including word processing and database packages
- Ability to use outcome measures for both clinical and audit purposes problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Worked in a service where agreed targets in place demonstrating clinical outcomes
- Ability to effectively manage own caseload
Employer detailsEmployer name
- All staff should be able to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion as identified within the Trust's Equality and Diversity Policy and associated Equality, Diversity and Human Rights legislation
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate that they act in line with Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Values: Trust Honesty Respect Compassion Teamwork
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.