Based at Atherleigh Park within our state of the art �40 million mental health hospital, we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic 8a clinical/counselling psychologist to work within our Later Life and Memory in-patient Ward.
You will be joining an established and passionate inpatient psychology team which includes qualified Psychologists, Assistant Psychologists and Trainee Psychologists. The successful candidate will have access to monthly professional supervision from the Consultant Clinical Psychologist across inpatients and urgent care who is also based in the team, plus regular specialist supervision with an Older Adult Psychologist. Opportunities for continuous professional development are available and will be supported dependent on the needs and interests of the post-holder. Informal support and supervision from Psychology peers will be available and you will work with our community and other urgent care pathway colleagues to offer high quality patient centred care.Main duties of the job
This full time, permanent post will predominantly be based on Golborne Ward, our 21 bedded mixed gender ward for older adults with organic and / or functional mental health difficulties. You will be part of a full MDT, including OT, Physiotherapy, Psychiatry, Nursing, Healthcare Support Workers and Health and Well-being and Activity Coordinators. You will offer individual assessment, formulation and brief intervention, together with group-based interventions as needed. A key part of the role will involve supporting others through consultation, training, service development, audit and service evaluation. You will work alongside the Ward Manager and OT to embed the Newcastle Model Pathway for people experiencing dementia. You will carry out neuropsychological assessments appropriate for this client group and use the results to inform care planning and intervention. You will link up with other services and offer effective signposting to enhance the patient journey.
Flexible working options are available, and we would be happy to discuss this with you to ensure a healthy work / life balance. We would also be happy to consider offering this post as a Band 7 to 8a preceptorship for candidates who meet all of the essential criteria for the role but require time and support to develop the experience and skills required for an 8a post.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See attached detailed job description and person specification: Staff benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in clinical psychology (or its equivalent) as accredited by the BPS
- Demonstrate models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and Neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology.
- Registration with Health Professions Council as Practising Psychologist
- Pre-qualification training and qualifications in research methodology, staff training & /or other fields of applied psychology
- Additional Training in provision of therapy
- Experience during training of specialist psychological assessment, formulation and intervention with clients across the full range of care settings, including outpatient, community, primary care and inpatient settings.
- Experience during training of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course, presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity
- Experience of teaching, training and/or supervision
- Experience of the application of clinical psychology in different cultural contexts
- the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, intervention and management
- ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical & /or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues
- providing consultation to other professional groups
- High-level skills in the practice of at least two specialised psychological therapies
- Doctoral level knowledge (or its equivalent) of research design and methodology, multivariate data analysis
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the adults and mental health
- Knowledge of current psychological evidence base and best practice in working with adults
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Atherleigh Park Hospital
Leigh, Greater Mancherster
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.