The Post Holder will provide nursing care, working in partnership to provide a high quality sustainable service for children and their carers within the Cwm Taf Morgannwg Health Community.
- To provide advice within the Community setting, working closely with the multi-disciplinary team.
- To work as part of the children's community nursing team in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the holistic nursing and health care needs of children and young people with a range of conditions from acute illness to complex, life limiting/life threatening.
- This nursing care and support is provided in a flexible manner to be responsive to the needs of the child and family, with a plan to provide a 7 day a week, 24 hour service covering the Cwm Taf Morgannwg Health Community.
To implement the Children and Young People's continuing care framework, maximising accessibility of community based services and minimising the necessity for hospital admissions, by ensuring liaison and coordination of services to support young people's individual needs and choices.Main duties of the job
- To work as a member of the CCNT, to deliver responsive and flexible community based nursing care and support to children and young people with health care needs in a diverse range of settings.
- To develop skills to function as an autonomous and competent practitioner in the assessment and delivery of high standards of care and treatment, acting as a key worker for families, reporting to the Team Leader.
- To work in collaboration and partnership with other agencies who deliver services to children and young people in care facilities and educational settings, working within agreed protocols.
To provide advice and education of a high quality which is child and family centred, and is based on assessed need which promotes social inclusion.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential ExperienceEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Registered Nurse (Child or Learning Disability)
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Community Children's Nursing Team
Keir Hardie Health Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.