The Hounslow Speech and Language Therapy (SaLT) Service is excited to offer an opportunity to work as part of our Specialist Centres Team where we can offer a broad range of experience including both assessment and therapy within specialist centres attached to mainstream schools.
You will gain experience working with children attending centres for a range of needs including moderate learning disabilities, physical disabilities, autism, speech, language and communication needs, visual impairment and deafness. We are looking for enthusiastic Band 5 SLTs wanting to gain experience and develop in this role.
We work as multidisciplinary team with allied health professionals and education settings to provide high quality care to children and their families.
We are a friendly and experienced team that offer:
Main duties of the job
- CPD opportunities
- A professional development infrastructure including Champion Roles (e.g. Bilingualism, DLD, Student Placements), regular whole team meetings including an in-house continuing professional development training plan.
- A comprehensive supervision and appraisal structure
- A team of highly skilled, supportive colleagues
- Flexible working hours and environment
- To deliver assessment and management for children with speech, language or communication difficulties ensuring that the service is effective and responsive to the changing needs of the local population.
- To ensure effective joint working practice between the SLT service, other speech & language therapists (SLT) and other relevant professional teams in the fields of health, education, the voluntary sector, social services etc.
- To deliver training to parents and professionals in order to develop their skills and knowledge enabling them to adapt the communicative environment and reinforce identified targets throughout the day.
- To provide therapy input for children with a range of speech, language and communication needs alongside other SLTs or therapy assistants.
- To maintain an up to date theoretical knowledge and therapeutic evidence-based practice relevant to areas of own clinical practice.
Community healthcare is unlike any other part of the NHS. It's personalised care that helps people to retain their independence. It's the NHS at its best and the difference you make is truly tangible. Our colleagues often describe us as a family, and we know how important that sense of belonging and support is when you start a new job. It's simple - happy, engaged staff provide better services.
In 2018, we were named'Best Place to Work for Employee Satisfaction'
by the Nursing Times. The same year, we won the Workforce category at the HSJ Awards. In the latest NHS Staff Survey results 2020, we had the best response rate amongst community trusts nationally.
We are the top community trust in the country on the theme Quality of care for the third year. We had the highest percentage of staff who felt they are able to deliver the care they aspire to and are satisfied with the quality of care they give to patients or service users. Infection Control
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*****Please see the Job Description and Person Specification documents attached for full outline of job responsibility. *****Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree / diploma or other professional Speech and Language Therapy qualification
- Registered with HCPC
- Experience of working with paediatric caseload during training / subsequent work for relevant client group
- Experience working within school settings during training/ subsequent work
- Ability to manage time and demonstrate highly developed prioritisation skills
- Good analytical, evaluation and reflection skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of assessment tools relevant to the client group
- Knowledge of a range of appropriate therapeutic interventions (relevant to the prospective client group/s)
Hounslow and Richmond Community NHS Healthcare TrustAddress
Heart of Hounslow Centre for Health
92 Bath Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.