Specialist Podiatrist Band 7
To work as an integral member of the Podiatry team delivering quality planned programmes of podiatry care to patients with an assessed need.To continue care plans, for patients on the case load. To maintain mobility, independence, viability and to relieve discomfort especially for those patients who are on the podiatry case load eg People with Diabetes, PVD, Peripheral neuropathy, Rheumatoid Arthritis other complex lower limb pathology and significant foot deformity and health care needs and escalate care as necessary.To provide treatment at a variety of sites, which include patients home, clinics, hospital and elsewhere. Often working in isolationTo ensure all clients receive the appropriate quality of care and advice at all times whilst observing the policies and procedures of Croydon Health Services NHS TrustMain duties of the job
- To work in accordance with the Trust's Values to consistently demonstrate the behaviours required.
- To ensure that Croydon Health Services Trust's policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirements of the Health and Safety Regulations and the Trust's Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act and its amendments.
- To work in accordance with the Trust's policies.
- To adhere to the Trust Infection Control Policy, procedures and guidelines,
- All clinical staff hold responsibility for ensuring they have sound knowledge of standard infection control precautions and that no omission on their part or within the sphere of their responsibility is detrimental to the interests or safety of their patients, visitors and colleagues.
- To comply with the Trust's Safe Guarding Children and Vulnerable Adults policies, procedures and protocols
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon. The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 4,100 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.
Our main hospital site, Croydon University Hospital is one of the busiest in London. We're also leading the way in providing more healthcare outside hospitals at clinics, specialist centres and in people's homes. Our experienced district nursing teams, Allied Health Professionals and community matrons look after people of all ages across Croydon and our Children's Hospital at Home cares for children with long-term conditions without them having to come to hospital.
Across the NHS everyone is working hard to meet growing demand and we're no exception. But with the right people on board, we are rising to this challenge, putting our people in the driving seat, encouraging innovation and transforming our services to give local people the quality of care they deserve. Croydon Health Services puts a great deal of importance on education and training throughout the careers of all of our staff. As well as offering access to a range of core skills training and professional development.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
***Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role in the job description and person specification***Person SpecificationExperience of caring for high risk patientsEssential
- Having worked in this field before
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- Having worked with high risk patients
- Having lead a multidisciplinary team
- Having been involved with aspects of service development
- Having worked with innovative care planning processes
- Having undertaken audit as part of the team
- Having undertaken training and education of other health care professionals
- Undertaken advanced studies in this field.
- having worked independently with high risk patients
- Having been part of a team developing care plan
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Having lead on care planning for patients, with different health care staff
- Having made innovative changes to care planning and delivery
Croydon University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Leander road Health Centre
949 London Road, Thornton Heath,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.