Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is a General Medical Council (GMC) Sponsor Employer. This opportunity is open to UK based and International Consultants
We are looking for an innovative Specialist to join the Developmental Paediatric Team. The service is a Surrey wide service. This is a substantive post to provide assessment, diagnosis and ongoing care to children and young people and families in Surrey. The Department offers a supportive and encouraging environment in which to develop as a professional with opportunities to develop in specialist fields. The post holder will undertake assessments and medical examination of children and young people and provide reports to other professionals and parents /carers under the supervision of senior colleagues.
Whilst there is no out of hours on call commitment, the post holder would be expected to partake in the daytime on call rota for safeguarding medical examinations. Appropriate training and support will be provided if required.Main duties of the job
We are looking for innovative and enthusiastic specialist doctors to join and complement our existing experienced team. We have four geographical community team areas delivering neurodevelopmental and Neurodisability clinics in Woking, Guildford, Frimley and Redhill.
The Developmental Paediatric Service (DPS) is a community-based service and is provided through Children and Family Health Surrey (CFHS) an alliance of three organisations to provide Childrens Services across Surrey in relation to 0-19 services, Therapy Services and the Developmental Paediatric Service.
Our Surrey wide service is led by consultants and assesses children and young people experiencing a wide range of developmental difficulties related to: Developmental delay or disorder, Neurological disability, autism spectrum disorder (ASD) - under 6yrs, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) - under 6yrs and Cerebral palsy. Our Offer:
- NHS Specialist grade �81,500 - �92,500 per annum + �149 fringe
- GMC Sponsorship
- �15,000 recruitment premia over 3 years
- Relocation allowance: up to �8000 subject to policy requirement
- Sponsorship for International candidates up to �3,199
- Up to �2000/year CPD allowance subject to policy requirements
- NHS pension employers contribution 20.68% from day one
- Subsidised nursery places
- Car scheme tax savings up to �6000
- Discounted Nuffield Gym Membership and many more. Please check our benefits brochure
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job description that clearly states all the requirements needed to carry out this role.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Have 10 years postgraduate experience, with at least four years in specialty training in a relevant specialty
- At least two years training in developmental paediatrics.
- The post holder will be expected to deliver clinical care at a variety of locations across Surrey. It is envisaged that where possible, they will deliver services close to their geographical base
- The post holder will also assist in the clinical supervision and coordination of the work of trainees and specialty doctors, as well as having and receiving peer support.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A recognised basic Medical Degree and MRCPsych or equivalent
- Full Medical Registration (GMC) with a Licence to Practice
- Eligibility for inclusion on the GMC Specialist Register or CCT in Appropriate specialty (or within 6 months at time of Interview/Assessment) or equivalent Approved Clinician Status and approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Goldsworth Park Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.