This post is only open to those candidates who already have their NMC registration in place and have successfully completed the preceptorship programme. Please note: Newly qualified applicants or those due to qualify will be recruited via our recruitment fairs.
Mental Health Services for Older People (MHSOP) are seeking confident, compassionate and competent registered nurses to join our current team.
There are currently 2 vacancies for registered nurses where you will have the opportunity to work with older people at Roseberry Park in Middlesbrough in our newly refurbished specialist unit.Main duties of the job
Westerdale North is a 20 bedded assessment and treatment unit for patients, predominantly over the age of 65 with functional mental health needs. We pride ourselves in providing high standards of care and feel we are progressive and forward thinking, seeking to continuously improve our service.
We are looking for registered nurses to work alongside an established multi-disciplinary team for the day to day running of the ward, supporting with physical healthcare and frailty needs alongside the treatment and management of acute and progressive mental health illnesses.
Staff on Westerdale North take pride in their collaborative working with their patients, relatives and carers to provide a personal needs led, patient centred approach which manages risk, therefore developing a plan of care which is recovery focused, working towards a safe planned discharge. About us
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care --our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.
We won't rest until everyone in our region has the mental health care they need, to lead their best possible life.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specifications for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RNMH, RLDN or RGN current professional registration with NMC.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Qualification must be achieved within agreed timescale
- Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education or willingness to work towards
- Trained Clinical Supervisor (within agreed timescale).
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- oWorking with people with mental ill health.
- oWorking in an inpatient / community environment
- oWorking collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- oWorking in a multi-disciplinary team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oCommunicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers/families, and all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- oCompetency in ECG and venepuncture or willingness to work towards this in an agreed timescale.
- o Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team. oManage own time and prioritise effectively
- oCo-ordinate and prioritise the activities of a team
- oMotivate and work positively and assertively with other members of the team. o Provide (within agreed timescale) effective teaching, training, and clinical supervision.
- oUse approved techniques in physical intervention (within agreed timescale).
- oAbility to supervise and act as a mentor to un-registered members of the team.
- oDemonstrate the ability to provide general nursing care to patients.
- oAbility to deliver training programmes. oAbility to manage long term conditions/Chronic diseases
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Roseberry Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.