This is an opportunity to work as a Public Health Nurse within the Integrated Specialist Public Health Nursing Service (ISPHNS). The post is part time, paid at 21 hours per week, hours annualised to be worked in term time.
The successful candidate will be based at Alfred Bean Hospital or Pocklington Health Centre, working with the West Wolds team. There is an expectation that the successful candidate will support delivery of service needs for the West Wolds team and across the wider ISPHN team area when required.
You will be a Registered Nurse Adult, any branch, who is committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for all children, young people and families.
Please note that if there is a high volume or applications we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date.Main duties of the job
You will undertake work delegated ISPHN (School Nurse) which will include: supporting the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme parenting programmes health needs assessments health promotion activities and Secondary School Drop-Ins.About us
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough and Ryedale and Whitby. We deliver safe, effective and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental and social health and wellbeing of our patients and service users.
To find out more about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our Trust website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You will join our team of over 2,800 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialties to change lives every day. We're extremely proud of our Trust community and we know you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and promotes equality whilst challenging discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information with regard to this vacancy please see the attached job description and person spec.Person SpecificationEssentialEssential
- Experience - Willingness to undertake and where relevant complete preceptorship facilitating the transition for newly qualified nurse booklet and core competency development programme. Appropriate knowledge/experience of working in a relevant area of clinical practice. Understanding of caseload management and care co-ordination responsibilities
- Qualifications - RGN RSCN minimum
- Personal attributes - Able to demonstrate effective inter-personal/communication skills Evidence of good time management skills Work flexibly to meet the requirements of the service and maintain personal work life balance Ability to demonstrate ethical values and attitudes within a culture of equality and diversity
- Knowledge A broad understanding of relevant policy, legislation drivers and their application to clinical and service area, e.g. Mental Capacity Act, Social Inclusion, safeguarding. An understanding of relevant clinical practice/standards within own/identified clinical area Good IT skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge - Full understanding of relevant policy, drivers and their application to clinical and service area, e.g. NSF, Social Inclusion Full understanding/application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within identified clinical area
- Experience - Successful completion of preceptorship Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to the clinical area at specialist level of care Evidence of specialist practice skills and able to demonstrate the impact of this on practice change/development Evidence of promoting/supporting active user/carer involvement/participation
- Qualifications -Be on the live register for mentors Demonstrable experience of mentoring pre-registration students Evidence of current CPD/formal qualifications at an advanced level e.g. degree or post graduate level or equivalent knowledge/experiential learning
- Personal attributes - Awareness of leadership/management skills and qualities Working knowledge of Trust policies and procedures. Ability to manage daily operations and maintain a safe working environment
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.