We are recruiting for a Clinical Governance and Risk Management Lead Nurse who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
You will assist the Divisional Nursing and Quality Director in the development of the divisional quality governance agenda to help the services achieve consistency of practice, high standards of care and innovation with a strong patient safety focus.
Leading the service in clinical governance and risk management alongside the team, the post holder will ensure quality assurance, achieving safety and clinical governance objectives within the Unplanned care Division
You will provide the key link between Unplanned Care Division and the Corporate Governance team.Main duties of the job
Embed strategies and frameworks to underpin the principles of clinical governance
To act as the divisional lead for the development, co-ordination and implementation of effective Quality Governance framework within the Unplanned Care Division to ensure an integrated approach to patient safety and embedding a safety culture and early escalation of risks and issues. This will include quality and safety, risk management and service user experience and will ensure robust processes are in place to meet the service's requirements for providing excellence in the delivery of care
Lead the service to coordinate clinical governance activities and clinical risk
Provide leadership, guidance and expertise within the multi-professional team for clinical governance and risk
Lead the team in coordinating investigations clinical incidents, Serious Incidents and Adverse Incidents that Require Lead the team in undertaking and writing investigation reports and action plans, including undertaking root cause analysis
Regularly update the Service's Risk Management Strategy and update Clinical Governance Policies and Guidelines in conjunction with the Guidelines These policies need to be in line with national and local recommendations
Chair the Divisional Governance Group and coordinate the group's Maintain a database of guidelines, policies and standard operating procedures for the service.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications / TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Degree or equivalent level of study
- ENB 997 or equivalent
- Undertaken studies related to Clinical Governance and Risk Management.
- Evidence of continuous professional development relevant to the post
- Evidence of understanding the principles of clinical governance and risk managemen
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the Patient Safety Agency Advanced level use of word packages, excel spreadsheets, risk management and trainingdatabases
- Understanding of health related statistics and use of research evidence.
- Ability to lead and motivate others Team player
- Effective delegation
- Well-developed leadership skills and behavior
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed numeracyskills
- Ability to collate information and present in report formats.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Power point presentations
- Ability to pull together information to identify learning outcomes and translate into different levels of clinical practice.
- Evidence of ability to make accurate assessments Well developed organisational skills
- Assertive and demonstrates effective behaviour
- Ability to use and experience of using data bases
- Effective time manager
- Ability to cope with stressful situations Flexible approach
- Able to coach others Innovative andresourcefu
- Meets the requirements to maintain registration with the NMC
- Able to provide clinical supervision and practice support to peers and juniors
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience and evidence of engagement around the equality, diversity and inclusion agenda. Able to actively support the development of a culture that recognises and promotes equality, values diversity, and actively leads by example in deploying these qualities. Understands the impact on equality, diversity and inclusion issues in all aspects of service delivery and planning
- Role model our Trust values every day
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Coreys Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.