An excellent opportunity has arisen with Ealing Community Partners, for a band 6 Pulmonary rehabilitation physiotherapist to join our Integrated post covid rehab and pulmonary rehab service.
This exciting post will involve working in community out patient sites to support group rehab. The team is lead by Covid lead and pulmonary rehab Lead and there is extensive shared learning form MDT Colleagues eg Occupational therapist, HOSAR, Clinical Health Psychologist etc..
The pulmonary rehab service is working towards PR Accreditation and you will have opportunity to be part of this project. There will be opportunity to supervise Junior physiotherapist and rehab assistants.
The Community Rehabilitation team is committed to community transformation to ensure delivery of seamless high quality care. We will support you in developing your clinical experience, as well as supervisory and management skills.
The role is full time and it is desirable to be a car user but not essential. In the future it may be necessary to include weekend working on a rota basis. Home visits may be required on adhoc basis.Main duties of the job
You will provide specialist Cardio respiratory physiotherapy assessment with a view to safely enrol and lead the group classes.
To undertake education, advice and treatment of patients referred to pulmonary rehab service who have complex health and social care needs with the support of your senior colleagues .The key part is also to deliver group exercise and education session for clients referred for Pulmonary rehab.
To support audits and service projects.
You will travel throughout the borough of Ealing to provide care in both community sites.
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings.About us
Ealing Community Partners is a group of NHS, Ealing Council and voluntary organisations working together to deliver community health and care services for the people of Ealing.
The catchment area spans diverse communities, with over 100 first languages spoken. It contains areas of great affluence as well as areas of much deprivation. We are committed to providing services that meet the needs of the people who use them, and we actively encourage involvement from local people who can help make a difference.
We're passionate about delivering first-class patient-centred, safe and effective care, whether it is in a care setting, in a community or in the patient's own home. Patients are at the heart of everything we do.
Applicants are advised that as a result of the high level of response we receive for some of our vacancies, we may expire any of them prior to the advertised closing date. As a consequence you are urged to submit your application as soon as possible. Please note that should you be shortlisted to be interviewed for this post you will be informed via the email address used to log on to NHS jobs. CNWL NHS Foundation Trust is committed to safeguarding all children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. CNWL NHS Foundation Trust follows safe recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To provide a specialist physiotherapy evidence-based assessment, treatment and advisory service to all patients referred to the Pulmonary rehab service and breathing pattern disorder.
To support and lead pulmonary rehab group class.To work flexibly with all other team members to provide an integrated rehabilitation service to clients in accordance with the philosophy and operational policies of the team
There is an opportunity to gain experience from post covid rehab team and HOSAR team.To see patients in settings such as: i) community outpatient clinics or ii) their own homes, community setting or community halls for exercise.To participate in departmental continuous professional development, education and training, audit and research projects.To manage a complex caseload using evidence-based clinical reasoning, critical thinking, reflection and analysisTo use a client centred, goal-orientated rehabilitation approach.To participate in departmental clinical supervision that is responsive and personalised e.g. can take the form of formal training, clinical reasoning, peer review, case reviews and reflective practise.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Degree or equivalent Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Current Health Care Professions Council Registration
- Membership of The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy or any special interest group
- Broad under graduate experience in core clinical areas: MSK/ Respiratory/ Community Therapy/ Neuro/ Care of Elderly
- Significant post-registration working as band 5 or band 6 or equivalent in experience in respiratory
- A good working knowledge of the NHS system of care. (Trained or worked in the NHS)
- Experience of working as MDT and taking group classes
- Awareness of own knowledge and learning style.
- Relevant clinical knowledge base underpinned by broader physiotherapeutic skills
- Awareness of current NHS policies and issues which impact on the profession and the workplace
- Participated some form of audit and evaluation
- Awareness of current issues or developments pertinent to own profession including legal frameworks.
- Have an understanding of clinical governance and how it applies to own work area.
- Awareness of NHSE 5 year plan for community Respiratory services
- Participation in project activity
- Active contribution to training others/ supervising student
- Experience of treating patients who do not speak English
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Basic IT competency.
- Good Clinical Reasoning / problem solving skills
- Reliable, flexible, motivated, diplomatic team worker who demonstrates appropriate initiative and good time management
- Ability to prioritize and manage own work load in a busy environment with / without supervision
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Ealing Day Treatment Centre
1 Britten Drive
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.