Senior Staff Nurse HDU/ICU Band 6 Are you an experienced critical care nurse looking for Band 6 senior staff nurse role?
The Critical Care (ICU/HDU) footprint is split across 2 sites: Epsom & St.Helier NHS University Hospital Trust.
The base unit for this post is Epsom Hospital.
Epsom ICU/HDU is an 6-8 bedded unit providing level 2 high dependency care for surgical patients following elective surgery & medical patients. We have the ability to treat & transfer level 3 patients requiring Intensive care working jointly with St. Helier Hospital ICU. Our HDU provides an Enhanced Recovery Pathway for patients following colorectal, urology, & gynaecological surgery.
St.Helier ICU is a 15-17 bedded unit providing care for patients requiring emergency/scheduled general surgery, acute medical patients & those requiring renal support.
There is a requirement to work cross-site according to service needs.
As a Band 6 you will be expected to support, teach, & play an active role in audit, standard setting & change management
In order to fulfil the job role, meet service needs & support staff development, successful candidates will be required to workcross-site, internal rotation days/nights/weekends & BH.
We can offer:
Please note: applicants must have completed a Specialist Critical Care Course & have recent Critical Care experience.Main duties of the job
- Local induction & orientation programmes
- Flu vaccines & staff well-being support
- Flexible working * dependant on service needs
- Assesses, plans, implements & evaluates patient care within sphere of responsibility.
- Works cooperatively & collaboratively with multi-disciplinary colleagues & other departments to deliver high standards of care to critically ill patients & ensures plans of care reflect current patient care needs.
- Is aware & adheres to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To provide quality, holistic care of a high standard to both the critically ill patients & their families within Epsom & St. Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust.
- To act as a resource for peers, patients, relatives, carers & other staff groups.
- To participate in the unit & nursing service development in a proactive manner.
- To support senior nursing team by deputising in the given leadership roles within sphere of responsibility
- To ensure safe patient care, staff may be asked, at short notice, to work at either Epsom General Hospital or St Helier Hospital ICU/HDU. This decision would be made by the ICU/HDU Matron, having taken into account staffing, skill mix, patient dependency and acuity & capacity within both units
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust provides a range of medical services to approximately 490,000 people living across southwest London and northeast Surrey. In addition, we provide more specialist services, in particular renal and neonatal intensive care, to a wider area, covering parts of Sussex and Hampshire.
We serve an area that is rich in diversity, with a mix of urban and rural areas, and differing levels of quality of life. We cover some of the most prosperous postcodes in the country, as well as some poorer areas. Together with our colleagues at NHS Surreyand NHS Sutton and Merton, we work to make sure that we deliver the best possible care to the communities we serve.
The Trust employs approximately 5,000 staff across its hospitals and issupported by over 500 volunteers.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to attached job description & personal specification for comprehensive overview of main duties & responsibilities.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Level One Registration
- Specialist Critical Care Course
- Mentorship qualification
- Studying towards a Degree in Nursing (or related subject)
- Management / leadership qualification
- ILS Provider
- Recent Critical Care Experience , following completion of Critical Care Course
- Completed ICU course (or equivalent).
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Advanced ICU nursing skills
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Epsom General Hospital
Dorking Road, Epsom
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.