A fantastic opportunity had arisen to join an exciting new service, where you will have leadership and support from a General Manager and a Consultant Psychiatrist. You will be a core member of the Multi-disciplinary CYPS (Children and Young Persons Services) Paediatric Service of the Emergency Department at Frimley Park Hospital (FPH) and consulting, participating, or leading in the provision of crisis and risk assessments, planning care and bringing together those teams to support CYP who could be discharged home with help and support from the community services or liaising with the Paediatric Ward to facilitate a short-term admission should this be indicated as a need for the CYP.
All newly qualified band 5 staff will be offered the CYPS Preceptorship path as part of their induction into the service. You will be supported and cared for to develop into your full potential.
This service will run from 9am to 10pm, 7 days a week and you will participate in a rostering system to meet the hours of the service.Main duties of the job
- To provide timely consultations to the ED Team when CYP present in crisis.
- To provide assessment of CYP who present at ED, including offering discovery conversations which may include information concerning deliberate self- harm, safeguarding needs etc. and make a safety plan to ensure the right follow up is offered in the community or signpost appropriately.
- To provide support, advice and education to ED and Paediatric Wards to build knowledge and skills of staff within these settings in the care and treatment of CYP with mental health and emotional needs.
- To 'case manage' children with mental health problems, coordinating between the medical, nursing, CYPS community teams
- To work individually and jointly within the Mindworks alliance to provide a specialist, assessment and treatment service to CYP and their families.
- Please see full job description for further details.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please check the job description and personal specification document for more information on the requirement for this job.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree level qualification in Nursing - RMN, LD or RG Children accepted
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Band 5 - minimum of 1 years' experience working with people with mental health problems pre or post qualification. Band 6 - 2 years' post qualification experience of working in the community with young people with mental health difficulties and their families. Ability to undertake: Mental Health Assessments, Risk Assessment and implement Risk Management Plans and outcome measures.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Frimley Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.