Based to be confirmed, covering Mid and North Essex The Lead Employment Specialist will be responsible for the line management of a team of Employment Specialists providing supervision, training, mentoring, and role modelling of the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) approach, as part of the holistic recovery plan for mental health service users.Main duties of the job
The Lead Employment Specialist will be responsible for promoting IPS fidelity standards to deliver positive outcomes for service users. Working directly with all relevant stakeholders: the service user, CMHT staff, consultant psychiatrists, employers and partner agencies - you will support the Employment Specialists to deliver Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Lead Employment Specialist may be required to hold a small caseload if/when required. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Team Leader to deliver a high-quality service that adheres to the principles of IPS best practice.
- Meet regularly with the Service Manager and Team Leader to agree priorities and work plans and deputise for the Manager as required.
- To monitor and manage the performance of the IPS Employment Specialists, guiding them individually in best practice by field mentoring, aiming to achieve individual and team job outcome targets.
- To identify training needs of staff and arrange appropriate training to support with continuous professional development.
- To support the design and delivery of in-house staff training, coaching and field mentoring and observations to ensure continuous improvement in key areas of service provision.
- Coordinate the work of Employment Specialists in a region in relation to building relationships with employers to effectively access the hidden labour market, external agencies and the delivery of job seeking groups.
- To work with Team Leader to arrange cover for Employment Specialist staff during times of leave.
- Responsible for team monthly monitoring reports are accurate and submitted on time to the Business Performance Manager and Team Leader, answering any data capture queries for team data set.
- Lead the team to meet and exceed job outcome targets for the service by feeding into employment focused meetings and providing solution focused individual monthly supervision.
- Guide, mentor and coach the team to deliver quality individualised employment support through effective vocational planning/ goal setting
- Assist the team to build relationships with clinical teams to generate referrals and create collaborative working partnerships with NHS clinicians where employment support is integrated into mental health treatment.
- Support Employment Specialists (ES) in spending time getting to know local employers, in order to negotiate job opportunities that meet each individuals strengths, needs, abilities and preferences ensuring ES spend enough time in face to face meetings with employers to find the right job match.
- Build on and develop effective working relationships with a range of external agencies who might be better able to help individuals to achieve their employment goals for example, local colleges, training providers and external supported employment services.
- To lead the team to provide education and support to employers through effective in-work support for service users once they have returned to work to assist them in sustaining employment.
- To maintain a professional relationship with the service users of the programme and with key internal and external stakeholders and staff, with particular attention to confidentiality and the maintenance of boundaries.
- To lead the team to adhere to administrative and data capture protocols which record the progress of individuals, and to keep accurate and complete records of casework.
- To undertake mandatory training as required including training in the IPS approach.
- To actively participate in own continuous professional development.
- To implement HR policies and procedures as required.
- To regularly collect and promote service user employment recovery stories.
In addition to the above duties you will also be expected to perform the below key activities in line with your job role
- Complete mandatory training in line with Trust policy and procedures
- To participate in the staff appraisal process and to undertake for any staff you manage
- To keep yourself updated on all matters relating to Trust policy
- Experience of supervising a team
- Experience of Motivation and Empowering staff
- Experience working within Employment related services
- Experience with supporting clients with mental health conditions
- NHS Policies and Procedure Knowledge
- Evidence of working to or driving KPI outcomes
- Experience of stakeholder engagement
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in mentoring to bring about improvement
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.