UHNM are about to embark on the delivery of new ambitious digital strategy and require an Head of IT Commercial Manager ensure that the Trust has a flexible, robust, technically secure and highly available IM& T technical services ensuring that all elements of the service including client devices, network, servers, data centres, data warehouse, applications, web services and security devices are procured effectively through clear commercial processes with robust service level agreements and contracts.
The Head of IT Commercial Manager will establish frameworks, processes and regimes to ensure that third party suppliers the Trust depends upon are managed appropriately through the contract life cycle. Ensuring that as contracts come to an end suitable replacement arrangements are in place to reduce the practice of contract extension and roll over.Main duties of the job
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Head of IT Commercial Manager to identify and establish effective relationships with strategic suppliers to drive value for money and value add.
A flexible approach is essential, as is the need to be self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks / objectives.The post holder will be required to work across both Royal Stoke and County sites.About us
The UHNM NHS Trust covers Royal Stoke Hospital in Stoke on Trent and County Hospital in Stafford. Royal Stoke a large acute teaching hospital, with a Turnover of �360 million. Located in Stoke on Trent and Stafford, UHNM is close to the M6, within commuting distance of culturally diverse major conurbations, such as Manchester and Birmingham and surrounded by rural pleasures, including the Peak District National Park. Each year Royal Stoke cares for over 600,000 people providing emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care. It is a leading teaching hospital in partnership with Keele University and has a patient-centred clinical research facility providing state-of-the-art facilities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information on working for the Trust, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
For more details on the post, please contact Heidi Poole (details below)Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Post Graduate Degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience in NHS or Local Government.
- Evidence of continuous professional development and acquisition of new skills and knowledge.
- ITIL V3 Expert
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- Experience of working in a large organisation with a wide range of staffing levels and being able to liaise at all levels from Administrative Staff to Senior Managers
- Previous work experience as a IT commercial manager or similar digital role
- Knowledge of NHS Procurement Frameworks
- Experience of authoring public sector 5 case model business cases
- Financial modelling including cost benefit analysis and risk modelling.
- Experience of large high value IT procurements
- Ability to work to tight timescales and manage competing priorities.
- End 2 end contract lifecycle management, adding value through commercial agreements
- Leading multi-disciplined teams
- Knowledge of NHS accounting treatment (capital vs revenue)
- Previous experience of IT service management in large corporate organisations.
- Previous experience of delivery of IT services, service management wrapper and service integration.
- Advanced keyboard skills and excellent communication skills
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, software and systems.
- In-depth knowledge of service / contract management tools and systems.
- An expert knowledge of all ITIL processes and functions.
- Knowledge of audit and assurance techniques.
- ISO20001, ISO27001, etc, ability to audit against these standards
- Supplier negotiation techniques.
- In-depth knowledge about quality standards, legislation, and best practices
- Experience of budget management of both capital and revenue budgets and accounting treatment rules
- Ability to manipulate complex data at speed
- Understanding of the Strategic aims and priorities of the Trust.
- Knowledge of the IM& T strategy
- Knowledge of the National IM& T Strategy.
- Knowledge of procurement using Government Procurement Frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience of development service life-cycles and governance processes
- Knowledge of audit and assurance techniques.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking systems
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good Anticipation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage time
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships, both internal and external.
- Develop and ownership of IT Service Management Tools (Contract and SLA)
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills and the ability to negotiate, influence and facilitate effective interaction with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to provide feedback and critique on proposals and design with sensitivity.
- Ability to create and present complex information simply and clearly to large groups.
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
Royal Infirmary, Queens Road, Stoke on Trent, ST4 7LN
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.