These posts offer an exciting opportunity to join Milton Keynes Speech and Language Therapy Team, a highly skilled and motivated team within a new and evolving children's service. The Speech and Language Therapy service has a strong reputation in the delivery of evidence-based practice and ongoing, data-driven service development, and provides a supportive environment in which you can develop your skills.
The team benefits from being part of the wider Central and North West London NHS Trust Speech and Language Therapy team, which offers wider development and networking opportunities.
The schools team is well established and provides consultation, training, assessment and intervention packages to schools, and has strong collaborative working with the local authority.
The early years team offers a range of evidence-based support packages with an emphasis on coaching parents and carers, and the delivery of workshops, training and support to practitioners and the wider workforce.
The youth offending team provides an assessment and advice service
There is a strong commitment to collaborative working to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people with SLCN in Milton Keynes,
We would be very interested to hear from Speech and Language Therapists with strong clinical skills, a reflective, flexible approach and a strong commitment to the delivery and ongoing development of the service.Main duties of the job
- To independently provide assessment, diagnosis and appropriate speech and language therapy intervention for children with speech, language and communication needs in a range of Education settings
- To provide advice and support to parents/carers, non-specialists, Education staff and other specialist professionals working with children in a range of SLCN in both Health and Education.
- To be an effective member of the SLT team and the broader multidisciplinary team
- To participate in service development
- To undertake other duties, as requested by the line manager to ensure the efficient, effective running of the SLT Service
We are a friendly and supportive team of Speech and Language Therapists and Assistants, with a passion for delivering child focussed therapy to improve the lives of our patients. We believe that the highest quality care is evidenced based, innovative when needed, and centred around the needs of the people we work with.
We have regular individual and group supervision, and share ideas and learning in our team meetings.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To assess, develop and implement speech and language therapy treatment
To provide advice to others regarding the management and care of children with SLCN
To participate in multi-disciplinary assessment
To ensure children/parents/carers are involved in the planning and prioritisation of their care plans
To participate in multi-disciplinary planning of intervention/management to meet childs identified goals
To provide intervention and evaluate outcomes, and to demonstrate evidence based practice
To produce reports regarding childrens needs and summarise proposed care plans
To adapt practice to meet individual children circumstances, including due regard for cultural and linguistic differences (equality and diversity issues)
To demonstrate use of evidence-based practice
To seek second opinions on case management from senior colleaguesPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered with Health Professions Council
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy degree or equivalent
- Registered member of Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Evidence of successful completion of specialist courses up to Masters degree or equivalent experience
- Evidence of specific interest and development of highly specialist skills through advanced training/research in dysphagia
- Advanced training and/or experiential training in acquired swallowing disorders
- Successful completion of management/leadership short courses and/or evidence of skills obtained through experience
- Substantial experience in field of acquired communication and swallowing disorders across full range of client groups and environments
- Specialist post in acquired communication and swallowing disorders
- Experience and competence in carrying out videofluoroscopy
- Supervising/coaching less experienced staff
- Developing and delivering training
- Contributing to policy, planning and service development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience and competence in carrying out FEES
- Working with tracheostomy
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Neath Hill Health Center
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.