Are you an ambitious Band 5 Nurse looking to take the next step in your career towards Band 6 community work. If so, please apply for this exciting development post.
Are you looking to work in a team that allows you tofeel empowered andproud to be a Nurse
?To work in an environment that will allow you todevelop and flourish as a practitioner
?Then the Westminster Community Mental Health Hub
atWoodfield road might just have what you're looking for.
Our hub is looking for staff to deliver high quality, evidence-based nursing interventions to our patients in the highly diverse areas of Westminster. In return we will offer you CNWLs highly regarded training and development pathway
to develop you into a more highly skilled practitioner.
The successful applicant may have contact with patients or service users. As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings. Main duties of the job
As a Community Nurse
you will be the linked worker for a caseload of patients offering assessments and interventions to promote recovery.
In return we can offer you
- Shadowing opportunitiesfor you with our HTT, CMHT, EIS and Psych Liaison servicesto allow you to build relations and broaden your horizons
- Enhanced supervision and career mapping to ensure continuous professional development. To support this we can offer you training opportunities including CBT, DBT, Family Interventions, venepuncture, ECG interpretation and many more!
About usWhy work with our team
- Hidden Gem, annual award ceremonies andaward-winning Staff Networksthat have thousands of members and exciting events.
- Excellentstaff benefits: our benefit packages are amongst the best in London and include: childcare vouchers, health and wellbeing services, season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- In this development post, you will be provided additional supervision and support as well as community specific training.
- An opportunity to work with a supportive close-knit team who look out for one-another with strong leadership and promote wellbeing in the workplace through regular social events including regular afternoon teas and team catch-ups
- We offer opportunities to stop, breathe and reflect through our highly appreciated monthly Reflective Practice sessions
- You will be working in a team that prides itself on promoting innovation and working to the highest standards of clinical care as evidenced by the services ongoing Quality Improvement Projects our most recent project involved reducing staff caseloads
- Commitment from the team todevelop you as a practitionerby offering coaching, supervision development, reflective practice and in-house development sessions
- With buses taking you right outside our office, Westbourne Park station not far away and parking available in the surrounding areas, travelling to work has never been easier!
Please see attached job description and personal spec for this position.
We will shortlist within 72 hours of the job vacancy closing and if successful we will invite you for an interview the following week.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current Professional Qualification in mental health nursing
- Registration must be live with professional body NMC
- Evidence of post registration training and CPD.
- Training in Psychosocial Interventions or Thorn Family Therapy/Work training Other relevant training, e.g. substance misuse
- Significant years post registration experience
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary mental health team with clients with acute/severe and enduring mental health problems
Skills and knowledgeEssential
- Work with clients with acute/severe and enduring mental health problems who are homeless/rootless
- Work with people experiencing mental health crisis.
- Supervision of students and junior staff.
- Audit and research
- Teaching Working with people who use substances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing and presentations / IT skills.
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate a comprehensive care package for the identified client group, using a wide range of resources.
- Able to develop a comprehensive programme of intervention and support for the identified client group and their families
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Skills in leadership: ability to motivate others, use initiative and manage change.
- Basic counselling and group work skills.
- Dual diagnosis/substance misuse
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Regent's Health CMHT
7A Woodfield road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.