This is an exciting opportunity not only to be at the forefront of providing specialist mental health care for people with complex mood and/or personality disorder traits but also to have the opportunity to work with clients with a range of other significant mental health difficulties.
Your role will be split between the Psychological Therapies (PT) Pathway (0.5wte) and Mood Anxiety and Personality Disorder (MAP) Treatment Pathway (0.5wte) which gives you the e opportunity to have access to a broad range of clinical experiences in order to develop your skills, competencies and interests.
The MAP Pathway is an innovative and leading service in the treatment of complex anxiety and depression (with underlying Cluster C PD traits).
A supportive, reflective, and creative psychologically-led multi-disciplinary team, the MAP pathway is part of the broader Complex Emotional Needs (CEN) Service, working with the complex PTSD Pathway and the PD Pathway (for Cluster B PD presentations).
The PT Pathway is a psychological therapies hub that offers outpatient psychological therapies to service users across the three Haringey Core Teams. Individual and group therapies are offered in a range of models (CBT, CAT, Schema Therapy, Family Therapy and psychodynamic). Psychological Therapies provision within Haringey has a history of excellence and we have over 20 Psychologists and Psychological Therapists working within adult mental health services, all based at St Ann's.Main duties of the job
The aim of the MAP Pathway is to help increase people's emotional, social and practical functioning, so they can engage better with relationships and meaningful activity outside of services. MAP focuses on understanding and working with the relational patterns underlying anxiety and depression. Models used within the pathway range from Schema Therapy, DBT, psychodynamic, Systemic and CBT. The team offers a variety of interventions, such as therapeutic groups and individual psychological, and social interventions. You will also hold a small caseload of key clinician clients and provide consultation for other clients in the Pathway.
Within the PT Pathway, you will have a small caseload of clients for individual therapy, you will run one of the therapeutic groups offered in the service, and conduct high quality, trauma-informed assessments to develop a person-centred treatment plan for service users. In addition, you will have opportunities for non-direct clinical work such as offering supervision, providing consultation, contributing to audits and taking on duties to improve your leadership skills. There is flexibility to develop your own therapeutic interests in the PT pathway and you will receive high quality, model specific, supervision.About us
The partnership between Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust (BEH) and Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust (C& I) is going from strength to strength since it was originally established in 2021 forming the North London Mental Partnership.
Why choose to join the Partnership?
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We believe that by working together, our two Trusts can achieve more for the residents of North Central London and our patients than we can by working apart.
- Deliver the best care using the most up-to-date practise in supporting those with mental health illnesses.
- Transforming and creating a positive environment for our service users, staff and visitors.
- Creating and working together to become a great place to work for all our staff.
- We offer flexible working, a wide range of health and wellbeing initiatives, NHS Pension and so much more.
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance
- NHS Discounts in a large variety of retail stores and services.
- We have excellent internal staff network support groups.
- Liaising with other professionals to support continuity of care for patients across the service and wider system as needed.
- Act as key clinician for a caseload of patients in the MAP Pathway. This will involve formulating and implementing appropriate treatment plans within the clinical model of the service.
- Facilitate therapy groups
- Providing screening and triage for referrals from other services
- Most clinical contacts will be face-to-face at St Anns. A limited number of home visits will be required where clinically indicated
- Joint working with other members of the service
- Offer individual therapy to a small caseload of patients in the PT Pathway
- Conducting high quality, trauma-informed assessments to develop a person-centred treatment plan for service users
- Working psychologically with patients with complex difficulties in a relational, integrative, and responsive way.
- Developing and implementing robust, client-centred risk management plans
Person SpecificationPerson specEssential
- Supervision of Assistant Psychologists, Associate Mental Health Workers including contributing to line management of them
- Supervision of trainee Clinical Psychologists
- Supervision of pieces of psychologically informed work carried out by non-psychology colleagues
- Offering training sessions to colleagues regarding areas of specialist knowledge.
- Offering formal and informal psychological consultation to colleagues
- Doctoral level training or equivalent in Clinical or Counselling Psychology including specifically models of psychopathology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology as accredited by the BPS
- Registration with the Health Professions Council as a Clinical or Counselling psychologist.
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings, including outpatient, community, primary care and in patient settings.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Pre-qualification training and qualifications in research methodology, staff training and/or other fields of applied psychology.
- Experience of working with complex patients in a multi-disciplinary team context
- Experience of the application of clinical psychology in different cultural contexts.
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
St Ann' Hospital
St Ann's Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.