Positions available in Chichester. It's an exciting time for our Hospital@Home Service. We are expanding and recruiting to our new teams who will work with patients in their homes to provide a virtual ward service for early supported discharge and admission avoidance.
Hospital @ Home teams will provide specialty virtual ward beds. They will be multi-speciality supporting patients across respiratory, heart failure and frailty in partnership with acute care, consultants and specialist nurses.
We are looking for Staff Nurses to join us, so if you're a motivated and enthusiastic nurse looking to be part of a supportive team and use your skills to provide excellent community care, we'd love to hear from you.
This is an amazing opportunity to become a member of the team as a staff nurse working together to support patients through the critical first few days after they leave hospital and avoid unnecessary hospital admissions.
The focus of this role is delivering high quality care in the community, by delivering holistic assessments, planning, implementing, and reviewing care provision.
We are a multidisciplinary team working flexibly to provide a seven-day service, 365 days a year, between 8am and 8pm.
The team works closely with other services within Sussex Community NHS FouTndation Trust, as well as our acute and community partners, GPs, South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb), adult social care and voluntary and third sector organisations.Main duties of the job
In this role, you will be part of a team of colleagues supporting evidence-based care, facilitating staff learning and development. You will provide nursing input for patients whilst identifying deteriorating patients. This post is an ideal opportunity for a nurse who is keen to develop both their holistic assessment skills and knowledge of virtual wards and acute community response.
If you are new to Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust, you will join our preceptorship programme, through protected time and regular clinical supervision with dedicated registered professional support. You will need to able to drive with a full UK licence with access to a car due to the geographic area covered by the team.About usWhy work for us?
- Positive 2021 NHS Staff Survey results with compassionate culture and leadership, and support for staff wellbeing, scoring highly
- Rated 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Located in stunning Sussex, with easy access to the South Downs and the coast
- A great variety of working environments, in the community, in patients' homes and in our community hospitals
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Real Living Wage Employer, with great rates of pay
- Supportive flexible working patterns such as part time, flexi time, annualised hours etc.
- Supportive team environments
- Cost-effective and convenient workplace nurseries in Crawley, Hove and Brighton
- Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
- Accredited Level 3 Disability Confident Leader, committed to creating inclusive workplaces
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Access to a wide range of benefits and discounts for NHS staff
Further information is available in the attached job description and person specification.
If you would like to discuss this role or find out more, you can contact Shelley Gray, Area General Manager email@example.com 07917246648Person SpecificationQualifications/Professional registrationEssential
- RGN Level 1
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Demonstrates commitment to and recent evidence of further education and professional development
- Experience in the community and/or acute setting
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of supervising, coaching/supporting/mentoring less experienced staff
- Ability to lead and manage the team in the absence of the clinical nurse lead
- Experience of individual performance review
- Experience of the Extended Role in cannulation and Intravenous therapy administration
- Competent in taking ECG Competent in male & female catheterisation
- Administration of intravenous therapy
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of Heart Failure, Respiratory and Frailty
Sussex Community NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.