Exciting opportunities have arisen for experienced Maintenance Craftsperson's (Electrical) to join our multi-disciplined Estates Team.
The Estates Department is responsible for the repair, maintenance and management of all Building and Engineering Services within the Trust.
The post holders will have completed a recognised apprenticeship, have an electrical background and will be responsible for the provision of engineering maintenance services primarily for the Trust owned buildings within the Teesside locality of the Trust.
Although primarily based at Cross Lane Hospital, Middlesbrough you may be required to work from other Trust sites for periods of time as the service dictates.Main duties of the job
To provide an efficient and cost-effective maintenance and repair service to all properties owned or leased by the Trust.
Carry out installation and improvement works across all contracted sites, in accordance with organisational standards and national legislation.
To undertake skilled, semi-skilled tasks and those outside of core skills (within the competence of the post holder) to meet service needs as required.
To assist other trades and contractors, in accordance with service need.
To ensure that all tools, equipment and machinery used in the performance of duties are tested and maintained to meet current requirements at all times.
To ensure that work is undertaken at all times in accordance with Health and Safety requirements to ensure the environment remains safe for patients, staff, and visitors to the Trust.
Participates in the Estates out of hours on-call service.
To show commitment to and participate in quality improvement activities.
To promote at all times a positive image of people with mental health conditions and/or learning disabilities. Promote all times a positive image of the Estates Department.
Perform duties covering the maintenance and operation of equipment including statutory testing of safety devices and specialised plant.About us
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care --our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.
We won't rest until everyone in our region has the mental health care they need, to lead their best possible life.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Skills & ExperienceEssential
- Successful completion of recognised electrical bias apprenticeship (electrical, heating and ventilation, refrigeration and air-conditioning.
- NVQ Level 3 (Electrical Bias) or equivalent and relevant qualification.
- Numeracy and Literacy to level 2
- Understanding of associated trades and relationships.
- Ability to travel independently in accordance with Trust policies and service need.
- This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- Will participate in the on-call rota as required.
- Able to manage time and prioritise effectively
- Able to demonstrate thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Able to work in confined spaces.
- Experience working in an NHS environment.
- Multi-skilled electrical experience.
- Significant post- apprenticeship experience in an electrical Discipline.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems within large complex properties.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical plant.
- Working knowledge of Water Regulation Advisory Scheme.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Working knowledge of Electricity at Work Act.
- Working knowledge of British Industry Standards and ACOPs relevant to the trade.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of building management systems.
- Working knowledge of Gas Safe legislation.
- Working knowledge of Water Regulation Advisory Scheme
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cross Lane Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.