To support and enhance delivery of clinical education in the workplace, responsible for organising and co-ordinating all the educational and training requirements necessary for all staff in the Plain Imaging departments within UHBW sites. The post holder will ensure all diagnostic radiographers, assistant practitioners apprentice radiographers and diagnostic radiography students receive orientation, induction and ongoing professional development as required.
Maximise training and education capacity and resources in accordance with clinical governance, developing and maintaining a quality system for this purpose. The post holder will act as the apprentice lead for their assigned apprentices and perform the assessments necessary and liaise with the education provider. Specific training will be provided by the education institution.
To facilitate the provision of a high quality, timely plain imaging service to patients, by developing and educating a flexible, multi-skilled, professional workforce.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to receive funding for Post Graduate education.Main duties of the job
- To organise student rotas to enable a robust and relevant clinical placement appropriate to the stage of learning.
- Supervise and structure practice-based learning, bringing together academic theory, workplace practice and help trainees to develop skills and competencies towards learning outcomes, assessment and qualification.
- Signpost staff to educational and development opportunities and act as advocate ensuring access to these opportunities.
- Responsible for allocated radiology learners - assist with their education and clinical appraisal (assess training needs and set objectives, review of written work, act as appraiser and carry out assessment giving constructive performance feedback and review of achievements)
- To formally assess students against the required competency frameworks in a timely manner
- Liaise with the modality lead and designated appraisers to report progress of the learner.
- Maintain a register of attendance and work collaboratively with trainees and educational providers to ensure students can access help and support, including raising concerns related to the learners' wellbeing and/or mental health.
- Lead the Induction for new substantive, agency and rotational staff from other UHBW sites.
- Take a lead role in training colleagues in new or supplementary techniques
Work collaboratively to identify, plan and deliver programmes to meet personal and professional development needs of self and others, including acting as an Appraiser for the departmentAbout us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- BSc (Hons) Radiography or equivalent
- Registration - HCPC
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Post Graduate study and qualification
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Excellent organisational and time management, planning and prioritisation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to use complex expensive equipment
- Clinical reasoning skills
- Research and development skills
- Excellent teaching supervisory skills
- Coaching skills
- Able to work as part of a team and also independently
- Comprehensive and extensive knowledge and experience in plain imaging and fluoroscopy
- Significant post qualification experience at enhanced practice level, equivalent to masters level
- Act independently and manage own workload on a day to day basis
- Able to instruct and supervise others
- Previous NHS experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Has undertaken educationally focussed and accredited modules to support and enhance delivery of clinical education
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Infirmary
Upper Maudlin Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.