We are looking for a self-motivated and well organised enthusiastic Senior Project manager to join the busy Capital Project team based in Chelsea. There will also be a requirement to travel to Sutton as often as required as many capital projects are located there and there is a possibility of being Sutton based.The post holder will have significant experience in healthcare project management, financial reporting and cash flow forecasts for capital projects. The post holder will have a proven track record in equipping and operational commissioning of healthcare projects and be routinely required to deliver expert advice and communicate complex information effectively to Trust directors, senior managers, clinical staff, and external consultants.The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the operational maintenance staff demonstrating the ability to work under pressure and prioritise the workload in order to meet key deadlines.Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close any adverts before the published closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications. We advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.Main duties of the job
- To support the Director of Projects and Estates in managing the Capital Estates Programme.
- Professionally accountable for estates project construction and implementation of delegated schemes within the Trust's Investment Programme to improve the environment for patients and staff.
- To work as a specialist professional as part of the Projects Department.To provide expert specialist and professional construction and estates projects advice to other Estates staff, Directors, Senior Management, Trust Boards and external agencies.
- To independently manage a portfolio of complicated delegated projects from �30K to �100M from inception to completion, including project management, design, contract administration, site supervision and commissioning under the Trust Capital Programme.
- To appoint and manage external professional consultants within an authorised budget as a Budget Holder.
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust is a world-leading cancer centre. Our role is to offer our patients the best cancer care available anywhere in the world, and to continue to make a global contribution to finding better ways of diagnosing and treating cancer. We employ over 4,500 staff in a diverse range of careers including nursing, medical, science, radiography, pharmacy, occupational therapy, finance and administrative services. We have two hospitals - one in Chelsea, London, and one in Sutton, Surrey - as well as a Medical Daycare Unit in Kingston Hospital.At The Royal Marsden, we deal with cancer every day, so we understand how valuable life is. When people entrust their lives to us, they have the right to demand the very best. That's why the pursuit of excellence lies at the heart of everything we do.At the heart of the hospital is our dedicated team. We offer a stimulating and dynamic working environment, a wide range of staff benefits, learning and development opportunities and clear career pathways. There are opportunities to work flexibly across a range of areas and specialities and we welcome flexible working requests from point of hire to support employees work life balance. We are looking for employees who aspire to excellence, share our values and can play a crucial role in our on-going achievements.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor further information on this role, please see the attached detailed Job Description and Person Specification.
- As a member of the Projects Directorates Management Team, to provide professional construction management advice to the Director of Projects and Estates, Clinical Directorates and others, on all those aspects of the works of the Trust that are ascribed to the post-holder.
- To manage and lead a portfolio of highly complex and specialist Capital Projects from project briefing through to completion of works on site. To plan and organise a broad range of activities and to consider, assess and manage the impact of each project within the portfolio on the Trust strategy.
- To deputise for the Programme Manager as and when required. To support and guide the Project Managers on a day to day basis.
- To be responsible for the preparation of outline business cases including preparation of preliminaryand feasibility surveys, budget estimates, programmes of work stages and preparation of initial drawings and reports for construction and refurbishment schemes.
- To organise and produce regular progress minute meetings and reports with project teams including the production of initial scheme programme report to inform clients of progress etc.
- A BSc or BEng Degree in Engineering, or a Construction discipline and a Masters Degree in Engineering or a Construction discipline. Or A BSc or BEng (as above) with demonstrable extensive Senior Management Experience in a similar organisation. Or a BSc or BEng (as above) with Membership of a professional institution such as RICS, RIBA, CIBSE, CIOB, IMechE or IET.
- Management qualification.
- Membership of a professional institution such as RICS, RIBA, CIBSE, CIOB, IMechE or IET.
- PRINCE 2 or relevant APM Qualification
- Record of Continued Professional Development
- Extensive Demonstrable pre qualification practical experience in project management in a relevant and appropriate Health Service environment.
- Extensive Demonstrable pre-qualification experience in the Commissioning of new Health Service facilities in an NHS environment including design, specification, Project Management and Contract Administration.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant Health and Safety legislation and in particular the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations.
- Successful leadership, in large health organisation
- Procurement management, including goods and supplies, service contracts etc.
- Multi-stakeholder contract negotiation, procurement and management.
- Managing multi- disciplinary relationships in a relevant organisational setting
- Asbestos awareness
- High order leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High level literacy skills
- Ability to conceptualise and persuade
- High analytical skills
- Radical Management and Performance Change capabilities
- Ability to work with complexity and ambiguity, eg, around professional and managerial imperatives
- Financial awareness and reporting specific to Capital Building Projects.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Highly proficient use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Highly proficient use of MS Project, Asta Project or similar.
- Proficient in management of formal construction contracts, NEC/JCT
- Knowledge of current Building Regulations and LFCDA specifications
- Certificated BTEC training achieved in Medical Gas AP
- NHS Experience
- Use/awareness of AutoCad
- Ability and desire to learn new skill
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of presenting scheme proposals to Senior Trust management
- Experience of coordinating external consultant teams.
- Experience of managing contentious situations.
- Experience of liaising with Statutory bodies.
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Royal Marsden Hospital Chelsea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.