**22.5 hours per week**
Are you ready for the next step in your midwifery career? We are looking for a midwife who can support the clinical workforce, including newly qualified midwives, experienced midwives and MSW's.
We are looking for a hardworking, dynamic , inspirational, forward thinking midwife who can demonstrate experience of change management. You will need to be able to manage, lead and drive change forward to improve care and deliver a model of continuous development and support with the aim to build personal and professional skills and resilience, enhance quality of care, and improve outcomes, whilst developing leadership capability. Also to ensure that through development opportunities and support staff can feel valued and empowered.
The successful candidates will demonstrate high levels of professionalism at all times, acting as an exemplary role model with enhanced levels of clinical knowledge and expertise
Harrogate is a high performing maternity unit and we are seeking highly motivated individuals to contribute and develop the delivery of high quality, evidence-based midwifery care applying the trust values to your philosophy of careMain duties of the job
The role also has a particular focus on quality and safety providing expert clinical support and advice that will enhance care whilst acting as a champion of best practice to support the midwifery, support worker and medical team. This will raise the standard of care, improve safety and documentation within maternity services and ensure that all members of the multi-disciplinary team both understand and adhere to maternity specific and Trust guidelines. The post holder will assist in the on-going development of a positive midwifery culture by raising awareness of the role of the midwife and the role of the midwife in promoting normality.
The post holder will be part of an expert core of senior experienced midwives and have demonstrable sound clinical, educational and leadership skills to be able to promote high standards of evidence based care and must have the ability and confidence to support and challenge in a non-judgemental way.
The role aims at building on current practice and improving the standard of fetal monitoring, to achieve healthy birth outcomes within the Trust.About us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide 'outstanding' care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture - our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference Awards and GREATix nominations.
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
For information about this position please see the job description attached or contact Rachael Fawcett Rachael.Fawcett1@nhs.net (Matron) or on 01423 553183Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Midwife with current NMC Registration.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Mentorship or equivalent qualification
- Evidence of post Graduate studies relating to intrapartum midwifery care or risk management
- NLS trainer
- Obstetric skills drills trainer
- Experience in teaching education programmes
- Extended midwifery skills
- Evidence of broad midwifery experience
- Knowledge of human factors in the healthcare setting
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience and knowledge of Clinical supervision
- Experience in complaints management
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Harrogate District Hospital
Lancaster Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.