We are recruiting for a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
This new Cancer Alliance funded position aims to improve the delivery of prehabilitation at MVCC, alongside a Prehabilitation Dietitian and AHP Assistant Practitioner. This is an exciting new position for someone who is keen to develop their clinical skills within oncology, and also improve their leadership and service development skills in a friendly, supportive environment.
The post holder will also be joining an established team of AHPs (Allied Health Professionals) and AHP Assistants. This is a full time, 2-year fixed term post, with the potential for substantive funding in future.
In addition, you will receive a High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of your basic salary, subject to a minimum payment of �4,314 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum pro rata.Main duties of the job
The priorities for this role include:o Providing a patient-centred and evidence-based therapy service to individuals with diverse, chronic and complex presentations due to their cancer diagnosis and/or treatment. This will include performing specialist inter-disciplinary assessments and treatments as an autonomous practitioner.o Taking a proactive role in developing our current AHP-led prehabilitation pilot within lung cancer and immunotherapy, and assist with expanding this service to other tumour groups and treatment types.o Carrying a predominantly outpatient caseload but also work flexibility with the Therapy and Social Work Team members to ensure effective prioritisation of patients across MVCC.o Being a key member of the Cancer Alliance Prehabilitation Team, Therapy and Social Work Team and AHP Team at MVCC.o Working closely with the wider multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and external agencies to optimise patient care and experience, including providing advice, guidance and information to health and social care professionals, carers and relatives. o Working closely with the Team Lead Physiotherapist and Oncology Specialist Occupational Therapist to plan, coordinate and evaluate interventions. This will include data collection, audit and presenting information to key stakeholders.o Taking a proactive role in education at MVCC. This will also include taking responsibility for supervising and educating students and new members of staff.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
ENHT is seeking to maintain and expand the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre staff as we move to an exciting new future.
We welcome applications from those who would relish the opportunity to be part of new and developing cancer service, building on the excellent reputation, research and patient experience the Cancer Centre already delivers.
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role. Person SpecificationQualifications / TrainingEssential
- Degree in Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy
- HCPC Registration
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy or Royal College of Occupational Therapists
- Membership of an appropriate clinical special interest group
- Post registration clinical educators training
- Previous relevant NHS Post Graduate experience of at least 2 years with significant post graduate experience preferably within cancer, neurology and/or medicine
- Experience of integrated therapy team and MDT working
- Evidence of involvement in service improvement (e.g. audit, research and implementation of change)
- Evidence of clinical practice influenced by evidence based practice
- Implementation and adherence to Chartered Society of Physiotherapy or Royal College of Occupational Therapists Standards/Guidelines
- Ability to monitor and maintain best practice in all aspects of Health & Safety - in own practices and of wider service
- Evidence of Band 6 experience
- Knowledge of relevant standardised assessment tools and outcome measures
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced clinical reasoning and analytical skills
- Motivated, flexibile and able to respond well to change
- Able to influence, teach and motivate others
- Evidence of effective prioritisation and time management skills
- Experience of supervising staff and/or students including formal supervision and appraisal
- Able to demonstrate skills in the assessment and treatment of oncology patients
- Information Technology skills including: e-mail, Word, Excel & Power Point
- Evidence of an up-to-date CPD portfolio
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.