PLEASE NOTE THIS POST IS FIXED TERM FOR 12 MONTHS SUBJECT TO FUNDING
If you are a Swansea Bay
University Health Board employee and are applying for this post as a secondment, agreement for the secondment is needed from your current manager prior to application.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Paediatric Department as a Rota Coordinator. The post holder will manage the Paediatric rota system, ensuring resource is allocated in a safe, efficient manner which maximises performance.Main duties of the job
Key responsibilities of the role:
Ensuring staffing issues are communicated appropriately, notifying managers of potential problems & *ensuring the requirement for contingency planning is escalated in a timely manner.
Day to day operational management responsibility for the maintenance of rotas. Ensuring rotas are managed accurately with safe staffing levels at all times.
To implement & manage robust sickness absence reporting & monitoring, annual & study leave processes for medical & dental staff ensuring compliance with relevant Health Board policies & minimum staffing levels are not compromised.
Liaise with clinical & Non-Clinical managers to produce and publish rotas in accordance with departmental guidelines. Where rota amendments are required, collate and agree these and ensure all relevant staff are advised.
Support the recruitment and induction of junior medical staff as required.
Co-ordinate the induction of junior doctors in training & locum staff.Working in partnership with managers, clinicians & administrative staff to deliver key targets and ensure a safe, effective and efficient service is maintained.
To produce regular reports (as required) on specialty compliance with systems and procedures for locum booking, sickness absence, travel and study leave.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About usAbout Us
Swansea Bay UHB covers a population of around 390,000 in the Neath Port Talbot and Swansea areas and employs approximately 12,500 staff. We have three major hospitals: Morriston, Singleton, and Neath Port Talbot Hospitals and this job role will be based on the Morriston site, Swansea.
We believe staff are our best asset and we want you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay UHB. Being part of an extraordinary team and as one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK, we provide various professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex religion or belief race age sexual orientation gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show that our commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Paediatric Rota Coordinator will provide direct management support to the General Paediatric medical team in the delivery of safe, efficient, effective and timely patient care across the Department and will
- Manage the Paediatric rota system, ensuring resource is allocated in a safe, efficient manner which maximises performance.
- Work on their own initiative as part of a dynamic team in providing direct day to-day operational support to the Department, working in conjunction with the Clinical Lead/Consultant Paediatricians in co-ordinating the activities of the department in accordance with best practice.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for safe and efficient utilization of resources, ensuring value for money is achieved and performance is maximized.
- Utilising the rota systems full functionality in order to contribute to the development and improvement of the service.
- Address urgent situations as and when they arise and prioritise workload to accommodate changes.
- Management of medical staffing leave and of on-call service and training rotas within the Department in conjunction with the Clinical Lead.
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level
- Evidence of recent CPD
- Recognised computer/IT skills
- Proven ability to operate at a senior level within an organizational context
- Experience of Rota Management within the NHS
- Previously worked in a similar position within the NHS
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent organizational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to present written and oral information in a clear and logical manner and to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- Ability to problem-solve, working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines with frequent
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team participating in highly complex decisions.
Swansea Bay University Health BoardAddress
Heol Maes Eglwys
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.