Band 5/6 - Occupational Therapist (Rotational)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to join our team at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford. Are you a Band 5 with experience in a number of the core areas? Are you a Band 5 that who would like to move to a Band 6 post but do not feel quite ready? Are you ready for a Band 6 or are you already a Band 6 who would like some leadership development support and a new challenge? If you are a Band 5 and not quite ready for a Band 6 post, we have a tailored programme to meet your needs which will specifically and intensively support you to develop the skills we expect from our Band 6 Occupational Therapists. On reaching this point you will move to the Band 6 salary scale. We expect this process to take up to 12 months depending on your previous experience. If you can demonstrate at interview that you are ready for a Band 6 post with immediate effect or you are already a Band 6 looking for a new development opportunity you will join us on the Band 6 scale. Continuing professional development opportunities are available to support learning and development. These include an in-service programme, Forum's, Journal Club and Band 5/6 Peer Supervision. There will also be opportunities for participation in research and service developments.Main duties of the job
- To undertake assessment, treatment, education and support for trauma and orthopaedic service patients and their carers. This will involve clinical reasoning and autonomous complex decision making using best available evidence.
- To organise, complete and document assessments in patient's home, work and educational environments.
- To assist the Occupational Therapy Service Manager in the day-to-day supervision, education and support of Band 5 Rotational Occupational Therapists, Therapy Assistants and Occupational Therapy Students.
- To assist the Occupational Therapy Service Manager in the day-to-day delivery of the Occupational Therapy Service.
In each area, the post holder will be supported by a Specialist Clinical Supervisor and be part of a friendly and enthusiastic team. Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research. Find out more herewww.ouh.nhs.uk
The Trust comprises four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital, Churchill Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Headington and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury.
Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community. We call thisDelivering Compassionate Excellence
and its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence. These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via theOUH YouTube channel.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Band 5/6 Rotational Occupational Therapist post with Orthopaedics, Trauma, Prosthetics and Rheumatology.
This is an exciting opportunity for an highly motivated, enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to join our an established team working at the OUH in Oxford.
Band 5/6 rotational scheme involves rotations in the following areas: Inpatients
Providing Occupational Therapy services to patients across all orthopaedic inpatient wards.
- Enhanced Recovery for patients who are anticipated to require rapid assessment, intervention and discharge.
- Rehabilitation for complex patients likely to require intensive input (amputations, bone tumours, limb reconstruction).
- The Bone Infection Unit. This is the countrys only specialist unit dedicated to the investigation and treatment of patients with all aspects of bone or joint infection.
- Preoperative triage
- Clinic-based assessment
- Home assessment
- Patient education sessions
Outpatient appointments assessing and providing intervention for rheumatologic conditions. Including patient education sessions, work and home visits. Sarcoma Service
Working as part of the Oxford Sarcoma Service supporting patients both pre and post operatively. Research opportunities. Prosthetic Service
Providing Occupational Therapy services to children and adults. Outpatient clinics and home visits, school visits and work visits as required. Trauma Service
To work as part of the trauma and plastics therapy service and wider trauma MDT.
Please see full job description and person specification attached.Person Specification.Essential Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
Oxford University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
NUFFIELD ORTHOPAEDIC CENTRE AND JOHN RADCLIFFE HOSPITAL
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.