The Central & West Podiatry Team is looking to employ a motivated and enthusiastic clinicians to come join the Central & West Podiatry Team's, based in Chorley. The team is multi-disciplinary and works closely with other Community and Acute teams- covering a wide range of agencies.
The post holder will work as part of a highly motivated podiatry team. You will be providing high quality treatments for patients referred into the service for assessment and intervention. You will be expected to take responsibility for the assessment and treatment of a caseload of patients, which includes complex cases, as an autonomous practitioner with appropriate supervision, evidencing high-level problem solving and reasoning skills and independence of judgment.
Post holders will be responsible for the delivery evaluation and discharge of patients, routine podiatry, wound care ,nail surgery and assessment for patients' in their own homes or other community locations. Provide direct support and development of podiatrists and assistants via knowledge sharing and supervision to ensure competency within the podiatry workforce.Main duties of the job
To work as an autonomous specialist podiatrist, providing a high standard of evidenced based specialist assessment, diagnosis, treatment and advice to patients and carers, within the areas of
- Diabetes / Vascular Assessment / Minor Surgery
- To support leadership within the team, to ensure high standards of patient care are maintained
- To actively promote teamwork, respect, integrity, accountability, excellence and compassion within a clinical team in accordance with the Trust values and code of conduct.
o To support the development of podiatrists and assistants via knowledge sharing and supervision to ensure competency within the podiatry workforce
o To support or lead on agreed projects aimed at service improvementAbout us
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FTJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or equivalent in Podiatric Medicine
- Current professional registration with HCPC as Podiatrist and be responsible for maintaining own registration
- Certificate in Local analgesic / and or POM as recommended by HCPC
- Evidence of CPD in related field of clinical expertise.
- Knowledge and appreciation of lone working risks - policy and procedure.
- In-depth understanding of current NHS/government policy/Public Health/NICE guidelines on organisational change and the ability to adapt these appropriately to local service needs.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of significant experience in the treatment of a broad range of conditions relating to clinical speciality of podiatry.
- Highly advanced and specialised practice skills in field of podiatric practice.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Podiatry Service Central Lancs (C)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.