1 x Fixed Term contract/secondment opportunity for up to 12 months Internal applicants who wish to be considered for a secondment opportunity should discuss with their line manager the suitability of a possible secondment
Exciting opportunity to join a wonderful, dynamic and patient focused team based in a lovely part of the county. The current post holder has moved into a secondment of specialist practice, leaving an exciting vacancy within this team.
Whether it be supporting a team member with new skills or attending to a patient and advising their family, your role as a Senior Community Nurse/ District Nurse provides you with the opportunity to deliver a high standard of care to patients in their homes alongside developing your leadership skills supporting your team.
Could you be our new Senior Community Nurse/ District Nurse looking for a new challenge? As a Registered Nurse with a graduate qualification in a health-related subject and post-registration community experience, or the Specialist Practitioner Qualification in District Nursing you will lead a community nursing team within a multi professional environment.Main duties of the job
- To Practice as a senior member of the community nursing team, working within the Integrated Community Teams (ICTs)
- To provide a case management approach to care for an identified number of patients working closely with GPs, the ICTs and other Statutory and Voluntary agencies.
- To provide advice, information and education to patients and carers with the aim of enabling patients to enjoy maximum independence, health and wellbeing.
- To creatively manage the holistic and clinical needs of patients with acute, sub-acute and long-term conditions,
- To enable patients living long term physical health challenges to live well within their communities, with a focus on not only their physical health needs but also their wider holistic needs, e.g. mental health, learning disabilities, psychological needs, social needs and spiritual needs.
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Our Staff Survey results showed people at our Trust feel they are engaged, part of a team and work for a compassionate and inclusive organisation.
Our overall scores were better than average in eight of nine themes and level in one - the best overall results for a community, mental health and learning disabilities Trust in the south west and first equal amongst all sector NHS providers within the region too.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Gloucestershire Health & Care Services deliver community health & social care services for adults & older people via a model of locality-based cluster teams. Each of the clusters consist of Nursing, Therapy and Reablement Teams working closely alongside social work professionals to provide support to people within their own homes and within bed based reablement units. We work closely with GPs, local communities, acute and community hospital(s) and other partners to enable people to live as independently and for as long as possible within their own home.
We are a clinically led organisation where individuals are valued for their unique professional contribution to ensuring best patient care. Continuing Professional Development is a key priority and we actively promote and develop the broadening roles that Physiotherapists and Allied Health Professionals are able to contribute. We have an extensive range of Advanced Practitioners, Clinical Specialists, Professional Leads and Non-Medical Prescribers across a wide range of specialisms that actively support clinical colleagues within our organisation. Our well established, structured Clinical Supervision and In-Service Training programmes contribute to the learning culture which develops and challenges thinking and practice.
To excel in this role you will require excellent communication skills, the courage to make decisions which will help shape future care and a willingness to develop your potential. You will require current NMC registration as a Registered Nurse, a sound knowledge of evidence-based care and best practice, evidence of post-registration development and community nursing experience, plus the ability to work over a shift system which includes early and late shifts across seven days including weekends and Bank Holidays.
Gloucestershire Health and Care is committed to embedding and providing personalised care through all of its services as part of our high-quality care strategy. The purpose of personalised care is to empower people to lead the lives they want to live. Personalised care starts with a conversation with people about what matters to them. It builds on what people can do, as well as addressing their health needs. Including new ways of working and delivering care, emphasising that we need to make effective use of the full range of our peoples skills and experience to deliver the best possible patient care. So we want to know What Matters to You and that you will share our values and join us on this very important journey. The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application. Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
LENGTH AND / OR NATURE OF EXPERIENCEEssential
- Registered Nurse (Adult / RGN)
- Current NMC registration
- For the DN role, the Specialist Practitioner qualification in Community/ District Nursing is essential at diploma or degree level If the DN SPQ is not held, the post holder must hold a degree in a health-related subject or be working towards this with over 50% of level 3 or 6 credit already obtained
- Facilitating learning and assessment in practice (FLAP), ENB 998 or equivalent mentoring and assessing qualification.
PROFESSIONAL / MANAGERIAL / SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Experience of working without direct supervision
- Consolidated experience of community nursing practice
- Experience of managing long term conditions and case management of complex patients
- Evidence of post-registration education & training.
- Ability to work on own initiative, assess patients competently and link with colleagues in the wider MDT to tailor plans of care
- Ability to effectively manage the workload, prioritise and delegate to manage capacity and demand
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Up to date clinical knowledge including risk assessment
- Knowledge of health coaching techniques to engage patient participation and outcome
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Holts Health Centre, Watery Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.