CBT Training Posts - Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) One-year fixed term training post.
Full Time Location: To be confirmed on offer of appointment, however bases will be within Coventry and Warwickshire CAMHS and MHST.
This is a one-year fixed term training post for Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Registered Mental Health Nurses with post registration experience or candidates with KSA to work as a Trainee Cognitive Behavioural Therapist in our established Specialist Mental Health Services and Mental Health at School Teams in Coventry and Warwickshire.
This post provides the opportunity to complete the PGDip in Children and Young People's CBT that is being run in collaboration with the University of Reading.
To apply, you must meet the criteria for CBT training and also have a BABCP-recognised professional background in mental health or related areas. This means having a recognised Core Profession. You can find out whether you have a recognised Core Profession here.
Please note in this instance the training course is not optional there will be a joint interview process including University of Reading to appoint to these roles. The roles are dependent on meeting all course requirements.
All applicants will need to be available to start the training on 8th January 2024.
For further information please contact Hsin-Ping Wang, CYP IAPT Clinical Lead, email@example.comMain duties of the jobFor more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
If you do not have a Core Profession, you must complete a portfolio of evidence to show that you have equivalent training and experience. This is known as the Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes portfolio (KSA). If applying via the KSA route, you must have completed a self-statement for KSA criterion 4 before interview and, if successful at interview, will need to prepare the other required sections ahead of the start of the course (including obtaining references). Please see the BABCP website for guidance and exemplars.
If you have undertaken low-intensity CBT training (e.g., PWP, CWP or EMHP) you must have at least 2 years' experience between the exam board of your previous training (not just coursework completion or a letter from the department) and the start date of any high-intensity training. This is nationally mandated and is there are no exceptions you will be asked to evidence your exam board date (or date of graduation certificate if no evidence of exam board) prior to invite to interview.About us
You will be fully supported by the organisation throughout your training and encouraged to apply for vacancies upon successful completion of your training.
The service received an overall rating of Good by the CQC and an Outstanding for care and compassion of which we are rightly proud. We have also been recognised both locally and nationally by receiving awards for the services we provide.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides a full range of expanding physical, mental health and learning disability services to children, young adults, adults and older adults over many sites across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
Services are provided to a population of over one million people living in Coventry and Warwickshire and also a wider geographical area in some of our specialist services, we see on average around 5,000 patients every day.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust is a member of Central & South Learning collaborative of health care organisations who are developing their workforces through training in evidenced based approaches, provided by HEI. In order to expand the skilled workforce in this area of expertise we seek professionals who want to work with children and young people within the community, as well as train in evidence- based CBT interventions. The successful candidates would be working as Trainee CBT therapists within one of the CAMHS or MHST teams for the duration of the one-year course and would split their time between training and carrying out clinical work. After successful completion of the course the fixed term training contract will end however applicants would be encouraged to apply for any vacant posts within the service.
Training will cover fundamentals of CBT Theory, assessment skills, formulation skills, structuring sessions, CBT and the therapeutic relationship, cognitive interventions in CBT, behavioural interventions in CBT, Anxiety disorders and Depression. For more information, please see https://www.reading.ac.uk/charliewaller/cwi-certificate.asp For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Knowledge and skillsEssential
- Core PROFESSION Registered Mental Health Nurse/Social Worker/ Occupational therapist and evidence of study at Degree level (level 6) and Membership of professional body Or Evidence of an equivalent academic qualification at Degree level (Level 6) in a health and social care or education related subject and complete of The British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Knowledge Skills and Attributes (KSA) to ensure those who do not have a relevant recognised Core Professional training or qualification can evidence how they meet this prerequisite requirement for further therapy training at post graduate level: https://babcp.com/Accreditation/Provisional-Accreditation/Knowledge-Skills-and-Attitudes
- NICE Guidelines, Mental Health Act, Children Act.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Effective organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with children of all ages.
- Ability to work in and across teams.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply problem solving skills to a variety of situations.
- Ability to assess and manage risk
- Experience, some of which must be working with children, young people and their carers in a mental health or other complex care setting
- Significant experience of undertaking assessment, formulation, risk assessment and positive risk management.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel independently in a timely manner.
- The post involves travelling across Coventry and Warwickshire to meetings as required
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Stoney Stanton Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.