We have an exciting opportunity offering a new service within Frimley Park hospital (FPH) supporting young people's mental health. You will be joining an exciting new service with Leadership from the General Manager and Consultant Psychiatrist for the team so would be well supported.
The CYPS (Children and Young Peoples Services) Paediatric Liaison Service at FPH is vital to ensuring the needs of CYP presenting at ED with mental health and emotional issues are, in a timely manner, assessed and an appropriate response to their needs is put in placeas part of the partnership between you and the ED Paediatric colleagues.
The Core 13 Service - called such because it will operate 13 hours a day from 9am-10pm, 7 days a week - is a new developing service assessing and caring for CYP with mental health and emotional well-being issues from any geographical area. You will be expected to be part of a rostering system to cover the hours of operation in this role.Main duties of the jobBand 6
Please refer to the Job Description for full details.About us
- The post holder will lead clinical assessment of CYP who may have a complex co-morbid mental health need and present in crisis, working alongside medical, nursing and other professional colleagues to ensure that the most effective care and treatment is provided resulting in safe, timely discharge
- To co-ordinate and liaise with Paediatric ward should admission to Paediatric Ward be required.
- Work closely with ED, the SABP Adult Psychiatric Liaison Service, Mental Health Crisis Teams, On Call Duty Psychiatrist, On Call Managers, other Paediatric Liaison Workers, ensuring CYP are seen in a timely manner and risk is assessed and a management plan is developed.
- To work within a highly experienced multi-disciplinary team involved in the assessment and treatment of CYP with serious and complex mental health difficulties in crisis.
- To manage own workload from referral to discharge/transfer, holding medium to high-risk cases as well as ensuring time to attend supervision, Action Learning sets and other forums are maintained.
- Be responsible for the initial assessment and subsequent facilitation of referral to Hope and/or discharge with a signed care plan regarding safety and recorded on the EPR.
- Represent the Service at professional/network meetings to offer advice/consultation on complex cases.
- To undertake relevant CPD to improve assessment and treatment skills regarding crisis care.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please check the job description and personal specification document for more information on the requirement for this job.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oA clinical qualification to degree level or equivalent Membership of NMC professional body
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Band 6 - 2 years' post qualifying experience working with CYP with mental health needs in the community. Ability to undertake mental health assessments, risk assessments, risk formulations, crisis and contingency planning and use of outcome measures. Band 7 - 3 years post qualifying experience, 1 of which must have been a year as a Band 6 in community.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Frimley Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.