Are you ready for a new challenge? We have an exciting and rare opportunity for an experienced theatre practitioner to join and lead our dynamic theatre training team. Are you motivated, enthusiastic and committed to training and development? Are you looking to develop your leadership skills further? If so we are looking for a senior clinical educator to lead our theatre training team to take forward the educational and training support for all our theatre staff.
You will be expected to support and give direction to all trained nurses, ODPs, theatre support workers, adaptation nurses and trainees on both clinical and non-clinical skills to promote, enhance and maintain the quality of peri-operative care.
Theatres are based over two sites and consist of 31 theatres. There will be an expectation that the training team are visible on both sites to cover all aspects of training.
You should ideally have experience in education and have extensive theatre experience with a post qualification in perioperative care and educated to degree level or working towards. There will be an expectation that you undertake clinical shifts when needed and support staff clinically.
You will be able to demonstrate current experience and commitment to developing effective educational, managerial & leadership skills, a good degree of professional maturity and the ability to work in a highly pressurised environment.If you have the qualities we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.Main duties of the job
You will be expected to have extensive experience in theatres and should be a senior theatre practitioner or theatre educator. You will have responsibility for ensuring the theatre teams are adequately supported and developed to deliver excellent patient care. There is an expectation that you will undertake clinical skills to support students and new starters within the department. The post holder will develop, introduce and monitor a range of programmes relating to Theatre Practice, in order to maintain standards of professional practice, and enhance standards of care.
You will support the development of clinical competence across the workforce in line with agreed directorate and Trust educational development strategies and priorities. This would include constructing and implementing key projects relating to training, education and development of staff.About us
We are an enthusiastic, passionate and caring theatre unit providing expert care across the perioperative setting.
You'll have access to varied development opportunities, learn new skills, meet amazing theatre people & explore new things. You'll make an impact to training, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care and enhancing their experience which means your role is pivotal in ensuring our theatre practitioners deliver excellent patient care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will provide clinical leadership and direction to the team acting as a role model and advocate for patients. They will ensure departmental compliance with all mandatory elements of training and manage the training and development databases locally and those required by the Trust. They will produce reports and audits as part of the Clinical Governance initiative of training.
Working as part of the senior team, the post holder will contribute to the future development of Theatre services and education through participation in development initiatives.
To support the development of clinical competence across the workforce in line with agreed directorate and Trust educational development strategies and priorities. This would include constructing and implementing key projects relating to training, education and development of staff. Qualifications and Education
Knowledge & Experience
- Registered Nurse or ODP
- Degree in Nursing/Healthcare Studies or working towards
- Accredited Teaching Certificate
- Specialist Knowledge in relevant clinical practice
- Experience in coaching
- working towards post graduate certificate in education
Skills & Abilities
- Expert clinical competence in area of working
- previous experience of mentoring staff and students
Person SpecificationKnowledge & ExperienceEssential
- excellent communication skills
- lead others in change management
- self motivated
- decision making
- co-ordinate activity to ensure service delivery
- Evidence of expert clinical competence in area of speciality working in the perioperative environment at band 6 level
- Evidence of previous experience mentoring staff or students
- Awareness of changes in practice and the ability to implement change.
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance and the relevance to practice
- Knowledge of Policies & Procedure
- Experience of leading a team
- Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures
Qualifications & EducationEssential
- Evidence of participation of staff education and development programmes
- Registered Nurse/ODP with current NMC/ HCPC Registration
- Degree in Nursing/Healthcare studies or working towards
- Accredited Teaching certificate (Mentorship)
- Evidence of specialist knowledge in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Level 3/5 ILM (Institute of leadership and Management) or equivalent leadership programme
- Working towards of a post graduate certificate in education
- Experience of coaching
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane, Fulwood,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.